Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

DAY 14

MM3

Site Supporter
image.jpg Okay DAY 14.... This is just nuts! Kitty is not vomiting, she is acting like she always has except for semi- dry litter grey color BM'S.
She is using now yesterday's news in litter box. When she steps in she gives me looks of #%* ! As she is flicking her paws one at a time and pellets are falling out from between the pads. BUT AS FAR AS I CAN TELL SHE ISNT EATING THIS LITTER!
Well a picture is worth a million words...... So here it is! Any ideas.....help!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I can't find your last thread on this... but yes if she has not eaten clay for 2 weeks and the poop still looks like that I would be worried too.

http://www.petwave.com/Cats/Health/Liver-Disease/Symptoms.aspx
http://www.ehow.com/how_8523437_determine-gastrointestinal-problems-cat.html

A Google search of "cat grey stool" found these as top entries... I tend to think that it is quite likely that there is something going wrong either with digestion or the liver. I don't know if that may have been caused by the litter eating episode...or possibly eating litter was in response to feeling ill from the underlying issue.

I think some bloodwork looking at liver function would be a simple tactic...and ask the vet about digestive issues and what can be tested. I know that Kim Orrell has had to use a pancreatic enzyme supplement with a kitten before, so I know that is an option you could try...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well I can't really tell the what color the stool is in the pic but it doesn't look normal, nor can I tell the consistency since you have smushed it all up for the pic, but I agree with Brigitte - if it still is not looking normal to you (e.g., what it used to look like before the litter eating episode) then I think both the stool and the cat need to be further examined by the vet.

MM3

Site Supporter
Thanks for all your ideas and information I will call vet and proceed forward. In the meantime, day 16 first time it doesn't have clay color. Oops will need to post photo separately when I find it sorry.

Trish Allearz

It's still so very very light in color as though she's not processing all of her nutrients out of it. I don't know the Mazuri feeding directions, but am glad you are working on her with this issue :)