Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Daytona Says What?!

Howdy from Texas. I'm an F1 named Daytona, and I will soon be moving to my new place in the big city with my owner to be. I'm currently 8 weeks old and am living with my breeder, Majestic Savannahs.

My place to be a is a four bedroom, three floor home with tons to do and lots of [high] space for me. I'm very excited for my new home and it seems like this new owner guy is really going out of his way to learn as much as he can about my breed and needs, and we'd both like to say thanks to this forum for offering such great info.

We'll keep you posted with pics, updates, and of course, annoying questions and cries for advice.

Ciao, I mean, meow,

Daytona & JB

Attachments

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Daytona! I hope your new owner has applied for the appropriate permits, liability insurance, etc. so that you will be all legal when you come home to him! (y)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Ditto what Patti said and also hoping that you're in a county where F1s are permitted elsewise all the paperwork is for naught.

Daytona is a gorgeous boy. Looking forward to watching him grow.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Daytona, you handsome boy!

I echo what Patti and Witchy are saying about being absolutely sure your new home is in an area of Texas where Savannahs are legal...we all hope you are planning a move to a city that will be safe for you to live so we can enjoy your pics and tales growing up here!

Check here for more information: http://www.hybridlaw.com/

Thanks, Pam and Patti. We're clean as a whistle -- not a drip. Plus we're in a sanctuary town. But it's certainly an interesting topic worth discussing. Has Clos du Chat or Jasirisana placed Savannah cats from their catteries in Texas before?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks, Pam and Patti. We're clean as a whistle -- not a drip. Plus we're in a sanctuary town. But it's certainly an interesting topic worth discussing. Has Clos du Chat or Jasirisana placed Savannah cats from their catteries in Texas before?
What a gorgeous F1! Really beautiful!

Most of us never place savannahs in Texas because of the bans and restrictions...Susan from Majestic and I have spoken about this before...at this moment, ALL savannahs in Texas need permits...if you look in the Savannah Cat Legal Chat forum, you will see the counties where savannahs are completely banned...Susan has a USDA license, so can have whatever savannahs and servals she wants - not so for anyone without a USDA license...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Not sure what 'clean as a whistle' means - have you applied for your permit and secured the required liability insurance? I have only placed a Savannah in TX twice, both times after being given proof that the new owners had taken all the necessary steps to make sure they were importing their Savannahs legally.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Clos du Chat is located in Michigan and I have never placed a kitten or cat in Texas.

I would be very reluctant to place a kitten or cat in Texas without documented proof the cat was legal and the proper permits acquired.

What is a "sanctuary" town? I'd be curious to know...I've not heard that term before.