Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Den/crate?

Gaius'momma

Savannah Super Cat
I am trying to find some advise on having a "den" for Gaius. I need a place to feed him that he is semi contained as he likes to drag his food around. ....as well as I work from home and would like him not to get used to strangers. TIA

Gaius' Momma

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I used a wire dog crate for awhile when my SVs were first starting to eat whole prey and would make a mighty mess of things. The metal tray is easy to clean. You can cover it with a sheet or towel to give more privacy. Or you can use a regular crate.

Gaius'momma

Savannah Super Cat
I got my hand on a LARGE bird cage. I was thinking it would work great for his personal space.

Gaius' Momma

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Please post some pics of the fur kid when you get a chance. And definitely one of him in the bird cage.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well a bird cage is certainly a unique solution! I'm with Deborah - I'd love to see some pics of it in use!! :up:

Gaius'momma

Savannah Super Cat
Our baby

Gaius' Momma

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422208391511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422208391511.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422208448576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422208448576.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 25
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422208474005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422208474005.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 25
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422208511321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422208511321.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 22

admin

Paige
Staff member
He is gorgeous...I put my guys all in the bathroom for whole prey time...some eat in the bath tub and others on a big plastic mat I put down on the floor in the BR - works great!

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
What a handsome boy. He is striking. I would surmise his name is Gaius...? ( I never ASS U ME anything. ) :)