Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diarrhea

1ststatestereo

Savannah Super Cat
Hello,
Ive noticed flat, clumpy stool in my cat's litterbox. It's probably occurs every other day or so. He also poops typical as well.

His flat stool is what I am assuming diarrhea. It is not bloody nor is it splattered anywhere on the walls of the litterbox.

I did switch his food, but that was months ago. I believe he's been on his current food for about 4 months (at least)

I'm planning on feeding him a little less. Also, I provide a scoop of raw, ground turkey every night.

Any suggestions before I take him to the vet?

thanks

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
My Encyclopedia of Poop considers flat clumps to be soft stools and not diarrhea. LOL. But, you should take a fresh sample to the vet for a full PCR. It could simply be his system adjusting to the variety of foods. It can take a long time for that to happen. Three of my SVs can eat everything and one gets tummy upsets from the slightest change. One time it took him a full year to get over it.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't know if he's ever been on antibiotics before, but you might try giving him some probiotics for a week or so. It helps re-balance the flora of the gut and can resolve diarrhea issues. On the other hand there are some foods that just don't agree with kitty tummies well. I had a diarrhea problem with Evo, once I changed brands the diarrhea resolved.