Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Do Savannah's have favorite toys, even when 2 are identical?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I have noticed with Elsa, that she likes her "BLUE" mice better than any other color mice, and it does not matter what shape they are in (brand new, or torn up)... If I throw a blue and any other color mouse together, she will always go after a blue mouse.... If I throw 2 brand new mice that she has never seen or smelled and one is blue, she will always go with the blue, so that throws the scent idea out of the picture.

mouse.jpg

If she is holding any other color mouse and I pick up a blue one she will drop it immediately. If she is holding a blue one she will only drop it if I pick up another blue one.... All the other colors she will play with, but the Blue Mice are her favorites.​

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
Tink always wanted 1 particular red mouse. I bought every red mouse I could find and she ignored all, she only wanted that particular mouse. When I finally found the same brand, and bought the colors they now had ( not red) she was happy and played with them. Sue

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Awww Elsa has her favorite colour! :rolleyes:

Zeddie's favorite are wand toys...currently she loves a little pink thing I got from Petsmart and put on a fishing rod.

About 5 years ago I fostered a Border Collie named Maggie. She loved the colour pink. I bought her all kinds of toys, but she would always pick the pink ones. I also dog sat, so Maggie found a place to stash her favorite toys so she wouldn't have to share. When I found the stash, I found every pink thing we had...including my mom's pink cell phone :roflmao:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Sounds like we have a unique group of pets here... RIght now while reading this, Elsa has dropped her mouse beside my computer chair and sitting down patiently before the next toss.... The Blue mouse of course.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Awww. Kilifi does the same thing John. Not ONLY her meeses, but her paper balls, catnip fishes and anything belonging to Regie. ;)