Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Do Savannah's really get MAD when they aren't the center of attention??

MM3

Site Supporter
Ok this is what happened.... Found out st the last minute the night before that my grandson was graduating the next morning. Regular routine for the next day was kaputt! Kitty did not get her 30 to 40 min morning walk and our morning playtime 25 to 30 mins also didn't happen as I needed to get going to graduation. I was gone for 4 hours. Which I have been before but made sure I get at least her walk in, before I leave. But today NO TIME. When I arrive home 4 hours later Kitty is in her bed and did not come out. usually the minute I get home she will jump out of her bed, not always will she come down to greet me but will watch me from her upper landing and most times talk to me. Today I was being ignored. So I proceeded to change clothes, Kitty has a favorite place in my walk in closet that she likes to climb up to. Behind a rack of clothing it's dark and she enjoys sitting behind there. Sometimes she takes a short snooze. My closet is off limits it has always had doors closed so Kitty can't get in unless I open it up. Well today, kitty comes in and sits down staring in the direction of the rack where she likes to hide out. Then kitty stretches to the spot where she usually jumps up to get to that favorite spot. And holds the pose. So I decided to separate my clothes and lift her up. Well to my astonishment Kitty flipped..... She immediately turned around starting hissing, showing her teeth and all nails were out on front paws, which were trying to get to me and scratch me. I was SHOCKED, and scared me! I left her in the closet she eventually came out on her own. I ignored her and would not have eye contact with her for about an hour. I gave her her space and went about my business. It has taken about 3 hours for her to come around, not 100 %. Is this Really because I was gone? Just Attitude ? Has anyone else had this happen? This happened 6 hours ago she has played with me but still somewhat reserved. Could this really be angry because I was gone and she didn't get her daily walk? Would love to hear from you all!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Keep watch on her to be sure she isn't sick or hurt in some way. If all is fine then you're dealing with a classic hissy fit. They get mad, they pout, they even get their revenge.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
What Witchy said. Make sure she is not sick or hurt, but my Kilifi has done similar when I have ignored her or failed to keep a promise. ( Sure, she DOES understand what I say.) What she does tho is grab my leg and nibble. Not enough to injure, but enough to hurt.

admin

Paige
Staff member
They like routines and can get quite upset when the routine changes...I agree with everyone else...give her some time...see how tomorrow is...you did the right thing by leaving her alone...

MM3

Site Supporter
Keep watch on her to be sure she isn't sick or hurt in some way. If all is fine then you're dealing with a classic hissy fit. They get mad, they pout, they even get their revenge.
I will keep a close eye on her. I will be home all day tomorrow. Thank you
Her appetite is lower than usual, but just now she had a BM ( but she also had one this morning) and running around like a nutty kitty!

Chris Elliott

Savannah Super Cat
Cats of all breeds (and species?) are often quite quick to hold a grudge. My female F6 is still ticked off that I've added a mutt of a cat and a F2 into the mix over the last 4 months. I'm still working on regaining the same level of closeness I had with her.

Give her time and she will likely forgive you. Just remember you are her servant, not the other way around!

MM3

Site Supporter
Revenge? How do they manage that?

MM3

Site Supporter
Cats of all breeds (and species?) are often quite quick to hold a grudge. My female F6 is still ticked off that I've added a mutt of a cat and a F2 into the mix over the last 4 months. I'm still working on regaining the same level of closeness I had with her.

Give her time and she will likely forgive you. Just remember you are her servant, not the other way around!
Oh silly me..... I forgot! Yes, working on re establishing myself.

Chris Elliott

Savannah Super Cat
Many years ago, my brother teased my sister's cat. That night, my brother woke up with that feeling that someone was staring at him. Sure enough, the cat was on the dresser staring right at him. Once they met eyes, the cat proceeded to knock all his stuff off the top of the dresser.

Revenge is sweet, even to a cat!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Revenge? How do they manage that?

Peeing in your shoes, "accidently" knocking a favorite and cherished heirloom to the floor, sitting facing away from you with nose held high in the air and a look of hurt indignity while ignoring your pleas for forgiveness...