Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs with Cats?

karenleigh

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Everyone, how has everyone been?

I have been doing some research on my own and figured I would come here to ask for your input.

I recently lost one of my dogs after 11 years. She was my beagle and I miss her terrible. I did not think I would get another dog and am currently fighting the urge. My other senior dog Rocky I would like him to be spoiled for the remainder of his time.

In saying that, if I do get another dog, there will not be two. This dog would need to not only get along with my 5 cats (3 savannahs, 1 chausie, 1 rescue) but hopefully be a play mate and vise versa.

What kind of dogs does everyone have that get a long with their cats and play time? I keep coming back to a puggle type dog.

Thank you for your input.

Karen

Trish Allearz

I've seen doxies be best buddies with svs. I would only start with a puppy, but I think they make good buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I had an Australian Shepherd who did well with the cats after the appropriate introductions. I lost him a couple of years ago and am planning on getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy in the next couple of months (born 12/9).

Trish Allearz

You know, to be honest, I think any breed of dog raised up as a puppy with an indoor cat will do just fine. I think it's more important to find a dog that matches your lifestyle because dogs are quite an undertaking.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I don't have a dog, but most of my kittens have gone to homes with dogs and they all get along well - didn't matter what breed...