Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Domestic Wildcats Sells Sick Kittens - domesticwildcat.com - Domestic Wild Cat - Taran Nolan

django

Savannah Super Cat
A few years ago I found this supposed Savannah breeder. We got what was supposed to be an F4 Snow Savannah. She seemed nice. We had the kitten for less than a year, he was a great cat but did not have many savannah features at all. At 11 months old he was diagnosed with lymphoma, and passed away shortly after. She refused to answer my calls after the first one when I told her the vet results, and would only send me short texts. She offered me another "kitten" but no refund.

Last edited:

ginamarie1221

Savannah Super Cat
I have a 4.5 month old kitten that I purchased from Taran. I'm so sorry you lost your kitten :-( Is there anything I should look out for health wise, with my F3? I know there's another person on this site (Heather), who purchased from Domestic Wild Cats as well.

admin

Paige
Staff member
This is not a scam site, so I moved the post. I am so sorry for the loss of your kitten and the fact that this breeder did not treat you very well...

There are some people on this forum who have cats from this breeder, so hopefully they will read this post and comment. Not sure how they determined it was congenital lymphoma vs. lymphoma...

Most breeders do not offer refunds but will offer another kitten...did you have a contract?

I think the reason the kittens are the same on her kitten page as last year, is because she doesn't have a real kittens available page...just past kittens...

I do not agree with her statement that Savannahs are mainly hypoallergenic - it is just not true...

Did you get your kitten's TICA papers?

ginamarie1221

Savannah Super Cat
I have an F3A male from this breeder who's father is an F3 Chausie and mother is F2 Savannah. The breeder told me that because the father is Chausie, the kittens don't come with papers. Is that usually the case?

Also, you might recall a post a made awhile back, but it was about me asking if there was such a thing as an F2.5 Savannah. The contract she sent to us states my boy is an F2.5 Savannah. When I asked what F2.5 meant, we were told that that kitten was closer to F2 Savannah, but can't be labled that, so it's an F2.5. I was always under the impression that if one of the parents is a Savannah, the offspring would be the next generation up. That's why I consider my boy F3A. I would LOVE to get a little more education on this :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, the kittens can and should be registered, so I don't know why she is not registering them. They can be registered as Savannahs or Chausies. You should have received TICA papers if she is truly a TICA registered cattery - JMO.

I do now remember your post, Gina. There is no designation as F2.5.

Do you know what she calls her cattery? If so, you can look up whether she is registered under tica.org's list of registered catteries.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Did your contract address health issues, e.g., refund vs. replacement kitten? I believe there have been questions raised about this breeder before, although I can no longer remember what the issues were. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with her :-(

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
If someone is producing legitimate savannah cats in good health and takes them to the vet for shots and tests before selling, is there any other reason why a cattery would not register with TICA?

admin

Paige
Staff member
If someone is producing legitimate savannah cats in good health and takes them to the vet for shots and tests before selling, is there any other reason why a cattery would not register with TICA?
Not a good one...some breeders just do not want to pay TICA for registering kittens...also sometimes people are suspended from TICA for various reasons...

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
Not a good one...some breeders just do not want to pay TICA for registering kittens...also sometimes people are suspended from TICA for various reasons...
Okay thanks. When I got my first two she mentioned being tica registered but I didn't get any papers, and I didn't ask for them. But when I go to get Mosi, I'm going to ask her about it. She's not on Ticas website.. I love all of her cats and she basically lives for them.. I wonder what she's going to say about it. I really like and trust her. I believe she cares more about her cats than profit. But she didnt do any screening on us either... Hmm what are your thoughts about that

admin

Paige
Staff member
Okay thanks. When I got my first two she mentioned being tica registered but I didn't get any papers, and I didn't ask for them. But when I go to get Mosi, I'm going to ask her about it. She's not on Ticas website.. I love all of her cats and she basically lives for them.. I wonder what she's going to say about it. I really like and trust her. I believe she cares more about her cats than profit. But she didnt do any screening on us either... Hmm what are your thoughts about that
If her cattery is not listed on TICA, she is not a TICA registered cattery. If the kittens aren't registered, how do you know they are savannahs?

As for not screening, if you live for your cats, you screen carefully - JMO.