Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Door Darting

John Popp

Site Supporter
Dino has taken to door darting, jumping over the scat mat and through the front door. He always has been a door darter, but just recently he figured out that he can leap across the scat mat without harm.

I am scared to death as nearly all my heart is wrapped up in my little boy, and I'm afraid the great outdoors of our neighborhood wouldn't be very kind to him.

Any solutions to try would be well received as in the last two days Trish caught him by the tail, and I managed to grab him by his ever so svelte primordial pouch.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Ahh, that house you're rebuilding. Suggest a double door entry with space in between. for now, go out thru the garage and don't hit the button till you are sure the darter is safe inside.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Damn, John. EXTREME caution must be utilized until you can come up with a foolproof cure. I have no ideas for you, but I will send good vibes that the little stinker calms down.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Thanks Rascal and Carl! Detached Garage so that's out, and for the moment I was just thinking of a bigger scat mat.

Trish Allearz

Worse case-- put him up when you leave the house. It won't please him, but it'll keep your heart from jumping out of your chest :/

Rafiki

Site Supporter
That is an interesting contraption. I don't believe that I have seen anything like that in the US.