Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Drags sofa cover to water fountain

Doubletrouble

Savannah Kitten
Just wondered if anyone els has this problem. zeus my f4 is obsessed with our sofa cover. He bites on it while gripping his feet to the floor to get it off of the sofa, once hes got it off he sets off running with it in his mouth to the water fountain. he trys to get the whole lot in making the kitchen floor wet through. I've put the sofa throw on a high wash incase theres a scent on it, but when i put it back on the sofa hes at it again... is it the fabric conditioner? ive changed it once and washed it but still no change

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It might be the fabric conditioner scent, you could try leaving that out or using a fragrance free fabric softener for an experiment... my guess is that there is something about the texture of the sofa cover that he likes.

One of my F1s is terrible about wanting to drag LARGE things around the house, she once jammed a king size blanket half through the pet door to our back yard enclosure.. so this seems a similar behavior. Maybe they like the challenge of the larger item? Or maybe you need to provide smaller throws for him to drag? LOL!

Doubletrouble

Savannah Kitten
Thank you for replying ☺
I'll try that, re washing it with scent free frabric conditioner. he only started doing it about 2 week ago. lets see how i get on :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That's an interesting behavior to only develop recently - how old is Zeus? Has anything else happened to the cover that you're aware of - a stranger (human or furred) sitting on it, someone spilling something on it, etc.? Hopefully the behavior will be short lived and he will find interest in something a bit less, um... messy.

Doubletrouble

Savannah Kitten
Hiya Patti,
He's going to be 1 in december. nothing that i know of has been spilled on it. we have Jupiter who we got before Zeus and he hasn't even battered an eye lid at the throw.
nope there hasn't been any one new to the house theres only me and my partner. I'm going to give it ago with the fragrance free wash powder and conditioner at the weekend and see if it makes any diference. :)

kimm

Savannah Super Cat
Moes (f7) also likes covers a lot and blankets that are on the sofa. There are three blankets and every day he puts one underneath the table, one he drags upstairs and one in the kitchen.. don't know why but he just seems to enjoy is. He also puts his toys in the waterfountain..

So i cant help you because I have a little bit of the same situation haha.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk