Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa 4 Months Hold Today

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa-1.JPG Elsa-2.JPG
Elsa started off having a good day, just totally relaxed on the computer... Not exactly being "Lady Like"
Elsa-3.JPG
Vaccinations Finished For A Year Now!

Elsa went to the Vet today for her last Leukemia shot... When it came time for the shot she got Hissy and Growled at the doctor. He had to get an asisstant to help with her, but once that was all over she was happy and even played with her doctor. I discussed her weight with the doctor out of concerns that she likes to eat, and he advises that she is in good weight and all looks good. Since she has had medical reactions before they gave her some Benedryl to help her, and so far she is doing well... Just not quite as active.

We also stopped by a local pet store and she got a new toy and she acted very good there, and even let a couple people pet her... She chose her toy and we came on home.. She did great out today with the minor exception of using fowl language with her doctor.
Elsa-4.JPG
After we got home Elsa slept most of the afternoon and evening (Left over from the Benedryl)... She came out a few times to play. Eating good.. Expect her to be back to her normal self tomorrow.​

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I glad to hear that everything went smoothly with the vaccine!
This time she did well... Older, Bigger, and taking other precautions she did well.. With the Benadryl she slept more than she was up yesterday afternoon and last night to keep a close eye on her I kept her in her carrier (door open) to where I could check on her, and she slept all night as well.

This morning however, she is back to her normal self, and the energy she saved yesterday, she seems to have today with interest...

cbain

Site Supporter
Hey John , she is a super cute kitten , our Vet uses binder clips to control Cody on the back of his neck ,http://vet.osu.edu/cvm/clipnosis-technique-can-calm-cats-vets-office-and-home , to trim his claws because he likes huge sharp claws and we don't , we will never Declaw him so when the Vet gives him a manicure she clips his neck then his claws , when our Vet comes to our house Cody is first in line for attention so that tells me he has no hard feelings. IMO

cbain

Site Supporter
He is not helpless , it just relaxes a stressed cat from being more stressed out, helpless is, years ago we had a male Siamese modern , beautiful seal point cat, that we had to tranquilize before a Vet visit , cancer and old age took him , when my Vet said, it is not fair to operate again on a cat we can't save , that's the last word, we kept him warm and comfortable until he suffered short breath and shivered, I took him to Copley Metro Animal Hospital and later Cisco's new home is at the woods beside our house close to the woods where he used to chase grasshoppers as a young kitten. we miss him

Last edited: