Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa Broke a K9 (Baby Tooth)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa Broke a K9 baby tooth, she does not seem to be in any pain and she is still eating fine. I am not at home (out of town). I have a vet available tomorrow? Or what should I do? The reset of the tooth is still there, and she is eating wet and dry food and does not act like it is bothering her in the least?

I have no idea how she did it.. Just standing beside me I heard a snap that sounded like it was coming from her mouth, took a look and the left one is 1/2 gone.

Thanks for any advice.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Are you sure what you see left isn't the permanent tooth emerging? She is at the age where she'll begin losing baby teeth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I don't know. She obviously is not in pain. I heard a crunch and when I looked like half a tooth... from a layman's view. I will look closer in the morning and maybe get a pick of it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
If it is a baby tooth, and it's not bothering her then I would not worry - it will be gone soon anyway. With all the cameras you packed I'm surprised there's not a pic to see... ;)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I agree, if she doesn't seem in pain and this is a baby tooth then I wouldn't worry too much.

On that note, a cat I rehomed as an adult had a broken fang and the veterinary dentist has rebuilt it so she is as good as new now ...expensive but her daddy thought she was worth it :)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
If it is a baby tooth, and it's not bothering her then I would not worry - it will be gone soon anyway. With all the cameras you packed I'm surprised there's not a pic to see... ;)

She broke it last night at about 11:30, and did not have a chance as we were heading to bed.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa-Tooth-1.jpg

Last night 1/2 the tooth was still there, but this morning it is missing. I am feeling now it is more of the fact she was probably loosing it last night getting out of alignment, broke it, and then last night the rest came out.

Opinions?

Trish Allearz

Sounds right.

My old man has a half fang. Still firmly rooted and he just had a dental so if he needed it gone, they would've pulled it.

Sent from my so called smartphone so all typos and bad advice can be blamed on said "smart" phone ;)

Rafiki

Site Supporter
It almost looks like she has the double fang (baby tooth + adult canine) on the left. When Rafiki's adult teeth started coming she would make the most horrible snapping noises.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
It almost looks like she has the double fang (baby tooth + adult canine) on the left. When Rafiki's adult teeth started coming she would make the most horrible snapping noises.

That is what worried me, after she played so hard with the Nieces and Nephews, and then right before bed you can see her crunching down on something,and then 1/2 a tooth came out... Scared me, but she did not seem to be phased in the least.