Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elsa Figured Out Light & Cieling Fan Switches

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa-01.JPG
In this picture she looks so small, soft, and innocent... Picture is deceiving... She is growing like a weed and anything but innocent... She does have VERY soft fur however.

Elsa-03.JPG Elsa-02.JPG

Today Elsa figured out how to turn on lights and the ceiling fan.... LOL, When the blades started spinning, she just took off... She went to a safe distance and was watching the blades spin....​

cbain

Site Supporter
Hey John, Elsa is super cute girl as we all know , and you will get her company in the further , I am in contact breeder in upper USA for a F2 kitten, I must admit once a savannah cat fan, always a Savannah cat fan , I have had more fun with my Savanah cats than I had with my late C6 Corvette

Rafiki

Site Supporter
One of Rafiki's favorite games is "Can you jump that high?". If you place your hand on a wall or a railing or whatever, Rafiki will jump up and touch your hand. I snarl at the hubby anytime he does this next to the light switch because I live in fear of the end result! Dang SVs are so persistent and I cannot imagine the joys of baby-proofing all the light switches. Of course this morning she jumped up on the railing and that looks over a 2 story drop.....I would rather have her turn on every light in the house than take a header over the railing. She is a great jumper but not exactly the most graceful creature I have ever met.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Of course this morning she jumped up on the railing and that looks over a 2 story drop.....I would rather have her turn on every light in the house than take a header over the railing.
I hate when they do this!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
One of Rafiki's favorite games is "Can you jump that high?". If you place your hand on a wall or a railing or whatever, Rafiki will jump up and touch your hand. I snarl at the hubby anytime he does this next to the light switch because I live in fear of the end result! Dang SVs are so persistent and I cannot imagine the joys of baby-proofing all the light switches. Of course this morning she jumped up on the railing and that looks over a 2 story drop.....I would rather have her turn on every light in the house than take a header over the railing. She is a great jumper but not exactly the most graceful creature I have ever met.

She has now turned on several switches in the house, but she cannot turn on or off the one in her room... That one as well as other's around the house control differently and I control them with one of my computers... Of course, she has show great interest in the computers and the remote that controls the lights, so who

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I wish Zeddie could turn the lights on/off. It definitely appeals to my lazy self. "Zeddie! Lights!" its better than a clap on/off!

cbain

Site Supporter
She is a great jumper but not exactly the most graceful creature I have ever met. says Rafki
I have also noticed this with our two young savannah cats and I think it's because they are still growing, our male is almost 2 years old and yesterday he fell out of the cat tree, some of his jumps are just poor judgment from a smart cat, late last summer he decided to jump over a tall clump of miniature bamboo in his enclosure but he landed in the deep end of the pond, he knew it was there , last month he jumped on top the refrigerator but landed on the opening side of the freezer door and his weight opened the door but he was able to hang on with his front feet but his rear legs could not grip the air even though his tail looked like a fan, my wife rescued him and now he only jumps on top of the right side of the refrigerator, got smart fast. he's Savannah

cbain

Site Supporter
I wish Zeddie could turn the lights on/off. It definitely appeals to my lazy self. "Zeddie! Lights!" its better than a clap on/off!
Kristin, be carful for what you wish for, our 2 F3'S know more than we wish they did . opening high drawers and cabinets , boxes ,and so on, they have it down to a fine art.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Kristin, be carful for what you wish for, our 2 F3'S know more than we wish they did . opening high drawers and cabinets , boxes ,and so on, they have it down to a fine art.

Zeddie doesn't do any of the cool stuff. She can only dismantle water fountains and get into anything that holds food

cbain

Site Supporter
give her time, she must be young give Zeddie time, when our 2 savannah kittens where at 12 and 24 months old my wife said, they are worse than 2 year old children , she babys them so bad

Kristin

Animal Communicator
give her time, she must be young give Zeddie time, when our 2 savannah kittens where at 12 and 24 months old my wife said, they are worse than 2 year old children , she babys them so bad

Zeddie will be 2 in May lol...I need to get a kitten that will get into stuff :p