Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elsa got Scared Watching TV

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Today we started out watching TV
Elsa-1.JPG Elsa-2.JPG
Cat Wars: Lion vs Cheeta... A lion grabbed a hold of one of the Cheetas and Elsa radically jumped off the TV stand and ran into her carrier where she sat for about 5 minutes.... I would have never guess that would have scared her.
Elsa-3.JPG Elsa-4.JPG
This afternoon she had fun playing on her cat tree...
Elsa-5.JPG Elsa-6.JPG
Her Tree and Tunnel have become her favorite toys.

Before dinner (and I missed getting a picture of it as it happened so fast) Elsa ran past Jake and cut him off... The funny part was Jake took his paw and smacked Elsa... This is not the first time, he has smacked Sylvester several times over the years.
Elsa-7.JPG
Elsa watching TV (A war movie, not Cheeta's and Lions)
Elsa-8.JPG
She had just woke up from a nap... I have no idea what she is thinking...​

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Interesting - I wonder if it was the sounds the big cats were making or the pictures? I've never seen a cat run scared from the TV - but then, I never watch those nature shows either...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Interesting - I wonder if it was the sounds the big cats were making or the pictures? I've never seen a cat run scared from the TV - but then, I never watch those nature shows either...

It was in 7.1 surround sound, so I literally without exaggeration have the room surrounded with speakers (8 in total) and it gives a VERY realistic sound so that is very possible. My dad once was watching Star Wars with me and asked me what good all that surround is for... About that time there was a laser sound from the rear and he turned around.. I told him.. That is what it is for... The TV is 55" and with that sound, it could have been realistic to her..

She did not stay scared for long, she came out within about 5 minutes, totally normal... I guess I need to be careful what kind of TV programs I let her watch.... I never considered censoring TV for my pets :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: