Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elsa Meets Jake

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa meet Jake tonight... Went pretty well...

Afterwards, they played together for about 2 hours...

DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0019.JPG

Tonight she is full of energy and won't slow down... She is jumping like I would have never imagined for a cat her size... I can only imagine when full grown..

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, that went incredibly well! I can just see in Jake's eyes that he sooo wants to be best friends with Elsa, who is still as much interested in exploring as she is in making new friends. She clearly has no fear, and is just adorable in her antics! Just remember (and I know you know this) she may be bold and adventurous, but she may not remember how to get back to the litter box, or the food and water, so just keep a close eye on her for the next several days or so...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Awww, that went incredibly well! I can just see in Jake's eyes that he sooo wants to be best friends with Elsa, who is still as much interested in exploring as she is in making new friends. She clearly has no fear, and is just adorable in her antics! Just remember (and I know you know this) she may be bold and adventurous, but she may not remember how to get back to the litter box, or the food and water, so just keep a close eye on her for the next several days or so...

I have pretty much figured out here Litter Box schedule with her food.. that part is working well. It is very true, she has no fear, and she is smart... She wanted to get up on my computer desk and I was not going to allow that, but knew she could not do it... Doh... Under estimation on my part... She had to make 4 separate jumps, but before I knew it she was standing in front of me.... On my computer desk... I put her back down wonder how she did it... Next she went and jumped on the couch, to the top of the couch, to a table, and then my printer... All jumps horizontally greater than 12" and she was right in front of me again. Her and Jake played well through the evening... Over 2 hours solid. Jake at 14 has not played that much in years... She would chase him, and he would chase her. She would hide and he would find her... (I have found my Savannah lost and found tool). Jake came walking over and I said "Where is Elsa"... He immediately went into the kitchen and pointed her out...

After tiring them both out for a good period of time, it was bed time. Jake went to his spot in the bed and Elsa of course checked out every corner of the bed and after about 15 minutes came to settle down between me and Jake and I thought this is great... She is going to sleep here all night... (Wrong Assumption)... Jake always gets up when I get close to sleep and goes to the floor where it is cooler... Elsa at that time decided it was time to do some exploring and I could not get her to settle down, so I put her back into her room... Right now I am fixing her food and after her litter box habits and eating, I will let her out again... She has a lot of skills, but one she has not yet developed is sleeping in bed when she is supposed to... Overall, it worked out great.

To mention the short quarantine, I checked the contract twice in great detail... clearly said 5 days... But it seems to be working... They both have been at the door with the noses down exchanging sniffs so to speak. So they had already communicated non-verbally.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
That is just too darn sweet. Love Jake's wagging tail when he meets Elsa. He clearly was looking forward to having a new friend. And Elsa was so calm and accepting of him. Could not have gone better.

She will adjust to your sleeping schedule when the newness of having the whole house open to her wears off.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa did something last night, that is next to impossible... She found the roll of paper towels (new full roll) on the counter and knocked it down to the floor. Some how she moved it over and had it in her bed and was sleeping beside of... The impossible part of it is that 1.) she did not unroll not even 1 sheet of it and 2.) kept it in 100% tact the entire time.... I have no clue how she did it... Sure wish I had that one on video :)..

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
She is such a little bundle of fun!! Jake is precious!! You are going to have lots of videos to share with us I feel!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
She is such a little bundle of fun!! Jake is precious!! You are going to have lots of videos to share with us I feel!

I think that I have 6 planned, but the better ones are when they just happen... Elsa is turning out to be a real fire cracker. I am just working on her website withing the database programming and just just walked up on me on the keyboard...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Awesome! That couldn't have gone better! Zeddie absolutely detests dogs...I wish she treated them as well as Elsa is with Jake

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
she has no fear, and she is smart... She wanted to get up on my computer desk and I was not going to allow that, but knew she could not do it... Doh... Under estimation on my part... She had to make 4 separate jumps, but before I knew it she was standing in front of me.... On my computer desk... I put her back down wonder how she did it... Next she went and jumped on the couch, to the top of the couch, to a table, and then my printer... All jumps horizontally greater than 12" and she was right in front of me again.

Emphasis on the no fear!. Keep you eyes open, 1 foot jumps will turn in to 4+foot horizontal jumps in a couple of weeks! Do you recall seeing mention of persistence in savannahs?:rolleyes:

Elsa is turning out to be a real fire cracker.

Well, it seems you are the only one surprised by this trait!:p

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Emphasis on the no fear!. Keep you eyes open, 1 foot jumps will turn in to 4+foot horizontal jumps in a couple of weeks! Do you recall seeing mention of persistence in savannahs?:rolleyes:

Well, it seems you are the only one surprised by this trait!:p

She toggles quickly... Just this evening she was sitting with me watching TV just as calm as you could ever imagine....

2014-02-06 21.10.26.jpg

And just a few minutes later she is chasing Jake at full throttle....

Jake-Elsa.JPG

they are both having a great time together.