Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa Not Happy - But She Became Happy :)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Well it is moving day for Jake and Elsa, I have been waiting months for this...

Moving-1.jpg Moving-2.jpg Moving-3.jpg Moving-4.jpg

I don't think she quite understands what is happening... My first priorty when getting to STL will be to reassemble it.... I think that will help her out some.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Sweet baby girl has had a lot of change this year. I think once she understands that she will not go back to being boarded, she will be ok.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Sweet baby girl has had a lot of change this year. I think once she understands that she will not go back to being boarded, she will be ok.

I think so too.. But explaining it too her is going no where... LOL... I will be spending the night in the new house with Jake and Elsa tonight (their first time).... I think they will do ok... As everyone knows she has been loosing weight, and this week lost any more.... If she does not acclimate quickly she will be below 9 lbs in a couple of weeks if the trend continues... She is smarter than a lot of people I know, and having some of her own permanent things there should help give here a new home feeling, plus a whole new house to investigate....

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Are you going to isolate her to the bedroom for a few nights? Having you, Jake and her things will help immensely but I think that giving her a small space to be her safe zone will be important at this stage.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Sending good thoughts to you and Elsa (and Jake!) that all three of you get settled in to your new home. I bet her appetite will be back in no time once she realizes you are going to be with her every night again.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, poor Elsa, I'm sure she is quite confused by all the change going on. Just be there for her and give her lots of love and reassurance and I'm sure she will adjust just fine.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa started out disoriented, but quickly catching on... Her and Jake have been playing... Elsa is investigating everything in site... I tried to keep her to a small area and all she does is cry... I let her run free and she seems to be doing ok, as long as Jake is not far off... I set up a couple litter boxes for her as this house is not setup the same and does not offer the same conveniences. She has already used it and does not have any problems in that department... She has 2 boxes (1 up and 1 down) and knows where they are and what they are for.

Getting late now, and I think I am going to try and take both of them to bed... More on them tomorrow.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
/This morning when I finally woke up (we were all up to about 2:30AM), I found Jake had drug his Dog Bed over next to me, and Elsa was sleeping in ed right beside of me.... For once I woke Elsa up and not the other way around.....

In all the openness and no real furniture yesterday Elsa went down stairs... She meowed once and me an Jake were upstairs at the other end of the house... When she Meow'd it ECHO'd through the whole house like she was on her death bed... Ran down stairs and she was just playing...

Once she woke up she is back to her normal self, and I have not even gotten her Cat Tree put back together yet.... Trying to type this message she is really being an attention hog....

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Seriously John, your updates are making me so happy. Elsa and Jake are going to soak up your love and presence like little sponges for awhile. I can just imagine how much joy they're feeling to have the whole family together in one place again. Bless their little souls. All is now right with the world.