Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa Stealing Jakes Food.. Ideas??

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

Not sure what to do about this.... I cover it up but she opens it right back up, and she is persistent... She has plenty food of her own out, but she wants Jake's and will spare no expense at doing it.

Any other idea's on how to prevent her from doing this....

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I will submit something not serious, John. Take away her car keys and ground her. Used to work with my daughter when she was 16.

Seriously, I am wondering if Jake will get the message before too long and eat it all up when you put it down. Or maybe only put down the amount he will eat at a sitting then more later if needed, so she has nothing to find. It is a pain in the A--, YES! But we are, afterall, slaves to the 4 leggeds.
Sigh...

And how can you get upset at a sweet little face like hers??????

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
The best way to prevent it is to adopt a regular feeding schedule, don't leave food in bowls between meals, and feed them in separate spaces if need be. Put Elsa in a bathroom or another room. Give them 15 minutes to eat then take up the food. Or, just pick up Jake's dish and put it in a cabinet.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I will submit something not serious, John. Take away her car keys and ground her. Used to work with my daughter when she was 16.

Seriously, I am wondering if Jake will get the message before too long and eat it all up when you put it down. Or maybe only put down the amopunt he will eat at a sitting then more later if needed, sop she has nothing to find. It is a pain in the A--, YES! But we are, afterall, slaves to the 4 leggeds.
Sigh...

No he won't he is 13 and has already been a snack eater... He eats a little and then comes back later for a little more and so on... For 8 months I worked out of town for 4 days a week... I left 5 bowls of water, 2 bowls of food, and a buffet line of snacks and when I get back home, there was left overs... He tolerates just about what ever she wants.

Diane

Savannah Super Cat

Seriously, I am wondering if Jake will get the message before too long and eat it all up when you put it down. Or maybe only put down the amount he will eat at a sitting then more later if needed, so she has nothing to find. It is a pain in the A--, YES! But we are, afterall, slaves to the 4 leggeds.
Sigh...
I think you need a bigger bowl!;):big grin:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
The best way to prevent it is to adopt a regular feeding schedule, don't leave food in bowls between meals, and feed them in separate spaces if need be. Put Elsa in a bathroom or another room. Give them 15 minutes to eat then take up the food. Or, just pick up Jake's dish and put it in a cabinet.

Picking his bowl up may be the best idea... I do lock her up to eat her own while he is eating, but he is a snack eater.. not previous message... I wrongly figured out simply covering it up would work.... Elsa figured it out.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I suppose then it will just have to be reasoning with Elsa. Good luck with that. Let me know how that works ;)