Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elsa Updates (8 Weeks Old)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Wow, she has grown, and looking like a real investigator...

Elsa-1.jpg
elsa-2.jpg
Elsa-3.jpg
Elsa-4.jpg

I am really looking forward to having her joining my house... She looks like a bundle of fun.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I don't know if it is just me, but her tail looks very short for her size.... I am assuming and hope it grows into proportion, or how about some expert advice or direction, as I truly do not know. (Noting Pictures 3 and 4)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
You can't really tell how long her tail is by these pictures because it is swishing to the side in both shots rather than coming straight out from the body. Not sure what you mean 'hope it grows into proportion' - for a Savannah, the shorter the tail the closer to the standard it fits, with an ideal tail being hock length.

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
I don't know if it is just me, but her tail looks very short for her size.... I am assuming and hope it grows into proportion, or how about some expert advice or direction, as I truly do not know. (Noting Pictures 3 and 4)
It does look nice and short. I love it!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
You can't really tell how long her tail is by these pictures because it is swishing to the side in both shots rather than coming straight out from the body. Not sure what you mean 'hope it grows into proportion' - for a Savannah, the shorter the tail the closer to the standard it fits, with an ideal tail being hock length.

Maybe I have just always had long tail cats... Sylvester's tail was so long that when he would swish around, especially if he was not happy would smack his head and that would only make him more PO'd.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
They are supposed to have short tails, so this is good! Nyah has a hock length tail. Kovu has a monkey tail. If he keeps growing, he may grow into it! Not sure that is even possible in reality, but it looks funny next to Nyah.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
They are supposed to have short tails, so this is good! Nyah has a hock length tail. Kovu has a monkey tail. If he keeps growing, he may grow into it! Not sure that is even possible in reality, but it looks funny next to Nyah.

Thank you... Guess I failed to take into account the breed... We will all be following her for the next 15, 20 years and hopefully more.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
It will be fun to follow her as she grows up! Heck knows I have made the rest of you look at pictures of Kovu since he was days old through now and of Nyah since I got her! I love that we all get to "know" each others kitties!