Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa's visit to the Vet... Not so good...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa had an up and down day... We had to get early to go to the Vet to get the 2nd round of vaccination... She fought this pretty bad and was very unhappy and volcal about the whole thing. She cried going up there, and really cried coming back...

Resize of Elsa Wants Out.jpg

She stuck her paw all the way through the cage door, Waving her paw as if to flag someone down...

Trip number 2 to the Vet today... Not Good
Once back home she did not want to he held, play, or anything... She layed down beside me on the couch and laid down. I tried to contact the Vet, but has not called back yet. I talked to the Breeder and they seem to think that it is a reaction to the Lwukemia shot. She ate all of her food tonight and is doing better.. The breeder says she may be slow for 2 or 3 days and sleep more than normal then back to her good ole self... She already is doing alot better.

Elsa-021214-1.jpg Elsa-021214-2.jpg Elsa-021214-3.jpg Elsa-021214-4.jpg

After a Good dinner she fell to sleep in her room. I have not used it with her before and you cannot see it, but she is using Sylvester's Cat Heating pad, and I think it is working out...

Sleeping-021214.jpg

(Image is in Infrared as the lights are not on. The room is quite dark)​

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Is she going outside? Why vaccinate?

Ms kitty Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I do plan to take her out for walks, if I can train her with a Walking Jacket, and I would like to have her socialized with other people as well... The Vet recommended the vaccination....

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I am glad to say this morning that Elsa is doing much better... There is not any evidence that showed she moved around much last night. Checked on her several times with the PTZ cameras and she moved around some in her bed, but pretty much stayed in bed. This morning I was going to lay down in the floor and give her some time.... But before I could get her door closed she was up and talking (pleasantly) let me pick her up, purring. She is now waiting for her food, which she is begging for right now... Last night she ate about 99% of her food, which she usually eats every last bite. Not too worried about that right now... At least she is hungry. I think the big event is over... She really had me worried yesterday/last night.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Glad to hear she is recovered. Mickey did that after a round of shots, and I was a wreck. He incidentally ate his first button (of many- he pops them off of garments & swallows them if you aren't careful), so of course was throwing up as well, and I was convinced he was having a reaction to the shots. To say I was panicked is putting it lightly. He ended up being fine (once he threw up the button), and I'm glad to hear Elsa is fine too.
All of my boys are also vaccinated. Only one of them goes outside (on a leash & harness) regularly, but it makes me feel more secure knowing they have had their vaccines.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Glad to hear she is recovered. Mickey did that after a round of shots, and I was a wreck. He incidentally ate his first button (of many- he pops them off of garments & swallows them if you aren't careful), so of course was throwing up as well, and I was convinced he was having a reaction to the shots. To say I was panicked is putting it lightly. He ended up being fine (once he threw up the button), and I'm glad to hear Elsa is fine too.
All of my boys are also vaccinated. Only one of them goes outside (on a leash & harness) regularly, but it makes me feel more secure knowing they have had their vaccines.

I am relieved this morning.. Last night she ate about 99% of her food... She usually eats it all and then hits the dry. This morning, she was begging for more food and is now eating like she has never eaten before... If you would see her eat, you would swear I was the worst Dad and starving her to watch her at her dish's (she has 5 (1 for Wet, 1 for Dry, 1 for Water, 1 for Treats, and 1 Spare) and she knows exactly which dish is supposed to have what...

And yes, yesterday I was panicking big time... I am glad I got the vaccines, but I wish the vet had warned that could have happened... But I had great support from the forums and my breeder.

BTW, did you reinstall the Button??? Hopefully after at least rinsing it off :rolleyes::rolleyes:

NikkiA

Site Supporter
I am relieved this morning.. Last night she ate about 99% of her food... She usually eats it all and then hits the dry. This morning, she was begging for more food and is now eating like she has never eaten before... If you would see her eat, you would swear I was the worst Dad and starving her to watch her at her dish's (she has 5 (1 for Wet, 1 for Dry, 1 for Water, 1 for Treats, and 1 Spare) and she knows exactly which dish is supposed to have what...

And yes, yesterday I was panicking big time... I am glad I got the vaccines, but I wish the vet had warned that could have happened... But I had great support from the forums and my breeder.

BTW, did you reinstall the Button??? Hopefully after at least rinsing it off :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL, no I did not sew the button back on. he had popped three off of that particular cardigan, and I never found two of them. He is FAST with his button heists, but we have gotten much better at keeping everything with buttons well away from him.

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
What's interesting is that stray and feral aren't vaccinated and are thriving... I don't believe in he hype of vaccinating , revenue stream for vets. Makes our kitties sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
What's interesting is that stray and feral aren't vaccinated and are thriving... I don't believe in he hype of vaccinating , revenue stream for vets. Makes our kitties sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know and understand what you are saying, but if My Elsa during a walk comes up on one of these infected kitties, I would like to at least have some front line defense...

BTW, Elsa is back to 100 percent, and getting into everything again... From my computer she actually (no kidding) turned off all the lights in the house...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
That isn't necessarily true....stray cats tend not to live as long as ones inside. I have seen many cats come off the streets with FIV and FeLV. I do not agree with over vaccinating, and intend to take my cat to a holistic vet when I no longer get discounts at the vet I work at, but I also believe that vaccines were invented for a reason. If Zeddie didn't go outside I wouldn't bother. But she does, and anything can happen. You can do vaccine detoxes though