Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Extremely picky eater

Samber

Savannah Super Cat
Hi all

I have an f3 Savannah named Nyah. She is extremely picky when it comes to food.

i have 3 cats total: 2 Bengals (Sammi and Amber) and f3 Nyah. They all get 100% raw diet.

Nyah basically will not eat anything other than quail.

This is what i feed them.

-ground chicken
-ground rabbit
-ground turkey
-ground duck
-ground beef
-peices of pork
-salmon
-whole quail
-pieces of chicken thighs
-chicken liver
-chicken hearts

All three cats love the quail. that is def their favorite food. it costs about 10$ per pack of 6 at the store and 1 pack would last a day if i feed all three of them.

Nyah is on the smaller side cause she refuses to eat anything but quail. she will eat some salmon but only after getting really hungry then she gives in and eats it. the other food though she will hold out for a couple days if she has to. not sure what to do. My mom has been staying with me for a couple months while shes in the country and has been giving her quail all the time and doing it when the other cats aren't around to see. now she knows she gets her way if she holds out and complains enough.

Not sure what to do at this point but to give in and continue with the quail. im also concerned that she isnt getting all the nutrition she needs from the quail. any ideas on new foods or trying to get her to like something cheaper?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure how you feel about canned food but it might be that she loves it, so you might want to offer her some. At least you would know she's getting a balanced diet.