Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F1 Safari

Toby's mom

Savannah Adult
Hi everyone, I would like to introduce Bella. She is a F1 Safari, & more rambunctious than Toby or Hobbes (our F1 savannah boys) ever were and faster than they could ever dream to be. Toby would love to be her friend and tries to play but Bella will growl until he goes away. Hobbes doesn't go around her at all... I think he's scared...the funny thing is They both out weigh Bella by about 12 lbs.
Our feral kitty Georgia has no problems with Bella. I don't understand why Bella only growls at the Savannahs and no one else, not even the dogs. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
Cheryll

image.jpg

Toby's mom

Savannah Adult
Thank you Mrs. CC, we love black cats also. She is melanistic, black on black. If she's in the right light you can see spots & the rings on her tail.

Toby's mom

Savannah Adult
Thank you Mrs. CC, we love black cats also. She is melanistic, black on black. If she's in the right light you can see spots & the rings on her tail.

S

shelby

She is a little beauty;>) You didn't say how long she has been in your home, how old she is or....if she was immediatly introduced to her new family;>) How is she with the humans in the household?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
On top of the door at that age? OMG!
Bella might be intimidated by the size of your other cats. Give it time, it usually works out.

Toby's mom

Savannah Adult
Bella is 6 mo. old; she came to live with us when she was 4 mo. We introduced her the same way we did Toby & Hobbes. She didn't get to meet Toby & Hobbes the first 2 wks. she was in her new home, just sniffs under the door. When we let them meet Bella she was in her 2 by 3 by 4 ft. tall cage. The boys were very curious & Bella hissed and growled a lot, she even lunged at Toby when he went up to have smell. Not a good start but I wasn't concerned. After a month of growling, and I mean ears pinned back type growling and taking swipes with her paw every time the boys even looked at her I decided enough was enough & I brought her and the cage into my bedroom for bed time. This seemed to work a little so I decided to let her out to sleep with us at night. The other night I was sleeping and was woken up by Bella growling while she was on my pillow, Toby always sleeps next to me, the next thing I heard was "thump". Toby had bopped her on the head, I think he just wanted to shut her up & it worked.
Bella is a jewel with the humans in our household. She is so affectionate! Head butts & kitty kisses galore. As I said earlier she is very fast and is more energetic than Toby’s & Hobbes; so she runs constantly and I mean constantly…but with all the running she always takes a second to run up to me & very gently touch her mouth to mine (her kitty kiss) then a quick head butt & she’s off to running again. When she does lie down she’s a lap cat. You can’t even go the bathroom by yourself because when she sees you walk out of the room she’s quick to be on your heels. She loves my grandchildren & is very sweet with them also.
We have three other cats, a male Maine Coon mix, a female feral, & another black female rescue, she gets along with all of them beautifully. It's just the 2 savannah cats that she has a problem with. As I'm writing this she is growling at Hobbes, he just walked over to the water fountain & Bella is across the room. She's not threatened; she just see's him.
Could all of Bella's aggressiveness be because the wild in her smells the wild in Toby & Hobbes? They are all F1s.
Yes Trish Bella is a Betsy baby…in fact so are Toby & Hobbes.

Cheryll

Could all of Bella's aggressiveness be because the wild in her smells the wild in Toby & Hobbes? They are all F1s.
Yes Trish Bella is a Betsy baby…in fact so are Toby & Hobbes.

Cheryll
I honestly think it's just because she's a Safari, Cheryll. Geoffreys are very very intense little fellas. Very intense.

BUT I don't think I'd call it aggressiveness if she's not harming anyone- she's just kinda queen bee, right? Aggressiveness would be if she was attacking the other cats- which wouldn't come from her heritage at all. Geoffs are not aggressive to other cats, IMHO, but oh boy- will they play rough! They play, play, play and I'm pretty sure don't know the meaning of no!