Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F2 SV Kitten Raw Diet Help

SailorKing

Savannah Kitten
New to the thread and new to owning a crazy F2 kitten named Danba. He's about 17wks now and is CrAzY! very friendly and loves everything but food! Right now the only thing I can get him to eat is chicken drums (with bone) and I provide them raw and boiled. He likes both. So I think I have a kitten that wants Raw so daddy is going to give him raw!

My question is on how to choose using rodentpro.com. I'm going to get a few of each to see what he likes and for variety. Do I need to worry about adding any vitamins or anything and how much do I feed this guy. His diet of Hills Scientific went bust because he refuses to eat it..just drums. But I want to make sure he eats healthy he's just a little kitten. He's about 5lbs right now and loves biting my nipples for some reason when i'm asleep..no lie. they bleed hahah anyway any help would be great!

-King

P.S.

No pictures yet since I don't have a high speed camera. Danba does not stay still!

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Hey,

I just want to say never to cook something with bones.
Once cooked they get dangerous for the cat.

More info will follow soon by another member. :)

SailorKing

Savannah Kitten
Hey,

I just want to say never to cook something with bones.
Once cooked they get dangerous for the cat.

More info will follow soon by another member. :)

Oh wow. This is what I have been doing. Take the frozen chicken drum out of the freezer and put it in a boiling pot of water for about 10-15min and then let cool down and serve it. So this is bad?

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Just chicken legs is not a complete and healthy diet for a cat. They also need 10-15% (by weight) organ meats (liver, kidney, heart, etc.). It's best to give them a wide variety of meats, buy a commercial raw diet, or supplement with Mazuri or some other vitamin and mineral mix.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
What was your breeder feeding Danba? You should try to continue him on the diet he's used to. If he won't eat that then you need a supplement such as Mazuri to add to the raw chicken legs. I believe there are several people here who use Rodent Pro and as you have already said, you will probably have to try a variety of items to find out what he most likes.

SailorKing

Savannah Kitten
What was your breeder feeding Danba? You should try to continue him on the diet he's used to. If he won't eat that then you need a supplement such as Mazuri to add to the raw chicken legs. I believe there are several people here who use Rodent Pro and as you have already said, you will probably have to try a variety of items to find out what he most likes.

I'm still providing him with his diet schedule but its a no go. I will continue to try but am starting to go with option B which is finding something else. So he is around 5lbs and i'm about to order a bag of each from Rodent pro but i'm not sure on what size or kind I should go with. Any ideas? I'm also picking up Mazuri tonight. is it like pills or a powder that you rub on the meat? I'll ask when I get there but just curious. thank you!

-King

SailorKing

Savannah Kitten
I would start with the smallest quantity you can purchase, in case he doesn't like them. I'm not sure that you can purchase Mazuri locally, you can purchase it online here: http://www.mazuri.com/tabstemplate-2-1.aspx

I was talking about the size of the feeders. For example 4wk Quail or 1day? ect.

http://www.mazuri.com/wheretobuy.aspx

I put my zip code in and its at my local pet store so I was going to go there. I know they have raw diet stuff there too so I might just get a bunch of stuff to see what he likes but everyone talks great about rodentpro so I will go with them for feeders.