Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F3 Males - Snow and Regular

wolviechick121

Savannah Super Cat
So I've made my decision and want to go with F3 males I think. I was originally going to get a savannah and a regular domestic cat to be its buddy. =) But as I was showing my boyfriend the cats, he has started liking them more and more and was really liking the snow savannahs. Those seem much harder to come by. Does anyone happen to know a breeder that has snow savannahs "regularly" that I could keep my eye on for kittens? Looking toward the F3 generations. Also, I was looking at this breeder: www.savannahcatbreed.com but their prices seem much higher than the ones I was kind of getting advice on this site for. They are very beautiful kittens though!! But I would also like to support more "small-town" breeders if I can, too. I'm having more of a hard time finding F3, though.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I always think in terms of kitten prices that you need to find the happy balance between "you get what you pay for" and "a fool and his money are easily parted"... the really bargain priced kitties are often priced thus for a reason and it is a good idea to find out why, but then there are those breeders that heavily market, are very slick and business-like and know that some fall for the "if it's priced higher it must be better quality"... so doing the research is important! The advantage though of the very large catteries is that they always have kittens available so there is that instant gratification draw ;-)

There are a few catteries with "snow programs", there's even a FB group devoted to them! Possibly a Yahoogroup too, I can't remember. Lori Greer of Cahabacats I think has a snow program for one. I've never had a snow kitten (to my disappointment) but it is a recessive gene so maybe one day! I've produced cats that went to other breeders and produced them!

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
We got our two F3 girls from the above mentioned breeder our gold girl was less then our sliver girl but I feel very satisfied with the price we paid for each. Our silver girl would have probably gone up in price as she got bigger and her true colors started showing at 8 weeks but we picked her out at 1/1.5 weeks may 6 2013 ipad 099.JPG may 6 2013 ipad 057.JPG may 6 2013 iphone 480.JPG old. I wish you luck in finding your forever meow......

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
We got our two F3 girls from the above mentioned breeder our gold girl was less then our sliver girl but I feel very satisfied with the price we paid for each. Our silver girl would have probably gone up in price as she got bigger and her true colors started showing at 8 weeks but we picked her out at 1/1.5 weeks View attachment 8086 View attachment 8087 View attachment 8088 old. I wish you luck in finding your forever meow......
PS, I am so excited for you.......

admin

Paige
Staff member
We got our two F3 girls from the above mentioned breeder our gold girl was less then our sliver girl but I feel very satisfied with the price we paid for each. Our silver girl would have probably gone up in price as she got bigger and her true colors started showing at 8 weeks but we picked her out at 1/1.5 weeks View attachment 8086 View attachment 8087 View attachment 8088 old. I wish you luck in finding your forever meow......
Beautiful, Xtine!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Being a personality shopper first, I had good luck with the breeder mentioned above, probably more than I bargained for. Being a large breeder, I was able to look at a fair number of kittens and seeing the kittens together made a big difference for us. Who was the first to abandon their litter mates, interact with humans and was more playful than the rest.

Getting our second kitten has been more of a challenge and we've been waiting for 4 months now with a deposit. With personality being the first criteria, the kittens simply haven't been around long enough to really reveal one. So despite being a large breeder, there is still greater demands on their kittens than supply. The good news is that we are coming into kitten season, and there should be quite a few available through the summer months.