Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F5SBT? How big did yours get?

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
ive officially had my guy Koda for a week now and he already seems ALOT bigger (he's 6 months old) I'm curious how big he's going to get compared to a domestic cat. And when they normally hit there max growth (what age). This is Koda at 6 months 2 weeks.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
The size of each cat varies. There are some later generations that get quite big, while litter mates will stay small.
Zeddie is 10 lbs, while her brother is 15 lbs. She is an F4

bxrpwr

Savannah Super Cat
ive officially had my guy Koda for a week now and he already seems ALOT bigger (he's 6 months old) I'm curious how big he's going to get compared to a domestic cat. And when they normally hit there max growth (what age). This is Koda at 6 months 2 weeks.

Hi! I have two F5 SBT's. One male one female, and they are also 6 months. My male, Turbo, is about 9 pounds(he's a BIG boy) and my female is about 5-6 pounds.

I will get a better weigh in again tomorrow(that's the official 6 month mark)

:)

bxrpwr

Savannah Super Cat
Turbo is all muscle and food.. he's got a bit of a belly on him.(I know I'm a horrible mom-but my vet says he's okay) His stud/dad has thrown a few big babies before, we just got lucky.

Small is cute tho! :) If you want I can post there exact weighs when I get them back from the vet tomorrow.

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
Oh he definetly loves us :) I was just curious as I was originally anything over F3 is domesti cat size and I've seen some big f6 and f5.

He is my sons emotional support animal and the sweetest little guy ever. Absolutely loves to give kisses and to cuddle.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
In general a pound a month for the first 6-7 months is normal growth at any generation... then what happens beyond can vary. Remember there is both domestic and Serval genes involved. A domestic cat is pretty much grown at ~10 months of age while a Serval keeps growing.