Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F6 not eating

Brad Frankham

Savannah Super Cat
Hi please help I shows My F6 so she's used to stressful environment
went to my parents for the weekend they have dogs
I've taken her there before ,she seemed a lot better this time round no interest in the dogs walk right past them
When I'm away at Hotel with her on show weekends she does the same thing with eating very picky doesn't eat much
On the day we arrive back after a show she is very demanding for food, this time round no interest in food at all
Is She just being a madam, she won't even play with her favourite toy
I Syringe fed her yesterday with liquid catfood
Been in the tray did a little poo
She Had some milk to day
Please any advice ,going to the vets tomorrow

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Very hard to know what's going on without more information. It does sound like she needs to be checked out by your vet. Are you sure she did not get into anything toxic, such as cleaning solutions, mouthwash, bug spray, etc. at your parents' home? Or that she didn't inadvertently swallow part of a dog toy?

Brad Frankham

Savannah Super Cat
Very hard to know what's going on without more information. It does sound like she needs to be checked out by your vet. Are you sure she did not get into anything toxic, such as cleaning solutions, mouthwash, bug spray, etc. at your parents' home? Or that she didn't inadvertently swallow part of a dog toy?
Hi no i was with her all the time
she wants to eat but then she doesn't eat
she did have a fall two weeks ago from the second story window but landed on some plants I gave her a thorough going over
Running around the house like crazy couple of days later eating well and then over the weekend from Saturday she stopped , today Tuesday had a few licks of milk
Only reason I didn't take her to vet to day , because there was no vet on duty that knows about savannahs
syringe fed her and she's had a bit of milk and a tiny pieces of fish
just hope it's not anything too serious, typical she got a show in 20 days she has just become triple grand Champion i'm going to pull from the show just to be safe Will post what the vet says tomorrow !
I broke a glass a cup shattered into thousands Of pieces
I hope she hasn't some how eaten a piece of glass
When I've broken a glass cup in the past I have always been very paranoid and hoover all of it up thoroughly
maybe this time I may have missed something don't know I hope it's not this .
But that was two weeks ago and she's been fine until the weekend .
Thanks for you reply

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Are you giving her regular dairy milk? Perhaps the lactose is upsetting her tummy causing her loss of appetite?

Any regular vet that treats cats can treat a savannah. They don't require any kind of special treatment... especially later generations that don't have quite as much serval. Any vet that treats cats should have no problem treating your F6 or any generation savannah for that matter.

Second story seems like a pretty good fall. Cats are very good at hiding their pain. I'd be paranoid of a sprain or anything else that could have happened. If the loss of appetite happened after the fall, perhaps you should reconsider taking her to be checked out be a vet. At least it would give you some peace of mind knowing it's not health related or if there is a problem they can help treat it.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I agree with the above - Savannahs are a domestic breed of cat so can be seen by any vet who treats cats. Cow milk should not be given to cats, but you can consider goat's milk if she likes it.

I would be concerned both about the fall two weeks ago and the broken glass - she should definitely be checked out by a vet ASAP if she is still not eating normally.

Congratulations on the triple grand champion title! What is her name? What breeder is she from? I like to follow how the Savannahs are faring in the show hall, but am not familiar with a lot of the UK cats.

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Cow milk should not be given to cats, but you can consider goat's milk if she likes it.

Just curious, have you ever tried giving your fur kids almond milk? I usually buy un-sweetened vanilla almond milk for myself so I have some. It's lactose free, but I haven't really heard about people giving it to their cats. LOVE the idea of goat's milk as a special treat every once in a while... might be a good way to convince Shango to drink more.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
A quick Google search suggests that almond milk is okay in small quantities as long as it doesn't cause stomach upset.

Brad Frankham

Savannah Super Cat
Hi please help I shows My F6 so she's used to stressful environment
went to my parents for the weekend they have dogs
I've taken her there before ,she seemed a lot better this time round no interest in the dogs walk right past them
When I'm away at Hotel with her on show weekends she does the same thing with eating very picky doesn't eat much
On the day we arrive back after a show she is very demanding for food, this time round no interest in food at all
Is She just being a madam, she won't even play with her favourite toy
I Syringe fed her yesterday with liquid catfood
Been in the tray did a little poo
She Had some milk to day
Please any advice ,going to the vets tomorrow
Thanks for all your post at vets little stif in her spine
But not that bad !
getting blood work done will no tonight uk time
will post test results
She had a very small amount of food this moring but not enough food