Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

false pregnancy

M

macmanmatty

If a unfertile tom mated with a fertile a queen Would she always go into false pregnancy? I ask this because I have a f4c male who is possibly fertile and mated with my jungle cat savannah queen. Now her nipples are getting bigger but she is not (although she has has small litters in the past 2-3 kittens). Could this be a false pregnancy? Is there anyway to tell if it is false pregnancy other than a ultrasound?

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
It's possible. My F3 girl did not show any obvious signs of pregnancy until a few days before delivery, and she had two babies.

Your vet may also be able to do an x-ray, as well as an ultrasound.

It's too bad the OTC pregnancy kits for humans didn't work on cats, right?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
If a unfertile tom mated with a fertile a queen Would she always go into false pregnancy? I ask this because I have a f4c male who is possibly fertile and mated with my jungle cat savannah queen. Now her nipples are getting bigger but she is not (although she has has small litters in the past 2-3 kittens). Could this be a false pregnancy? Is there anyway to tell if it is false pregnancy other than a ultrasound?
They should be able to see skeleton by x-ray after 5-6 weeks once the calcium starts settling in the bones.