Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Feeding

L

Louie'sDad

If this has been beaten to death before, please refer me to a thread that will help me.

How many times a day is it best to feed an adult cat? I have been feeding my F1, Louie, 2x a day with feedings as close to 12 hours apart as possible since he was a 11 week old kitten. He is approaching 2 YO, and so I look for advice on changing feeding schedule if necessary.

Thanks.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I do 3-4 times a day, but that is just because Zeddie has had GI issues, so I did smaller meals more frequently to aid in digestion. Before that I did 2x/day

L

Louie'sDad

Think I'll continue feeding 2x/day. He's been on "Special 33" Royal Canin since he was 4 months old. Kristin mentioned digestion issues and I agree. If I feed him too much all at once his stool softens considerably toward the end of his BM.

Besides.....he SCREAMS at me when he knows it's feeding time, and goes bananas when I grab his bowl.:)

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
At one point I used to feed my SV's 3x per day…but i've discovered that is too much. So I'm back to 2x per day which seems more than adequate (AM and PM). My vet has taught me to not over-react if I find they are not eating as much one day, sort of a "feast or famine" as they would endure in nature. So if one of my cats has a slightly down day for appetite one day, I don't worry about it as it always comes back. dj