Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feline Natural

wetcats

Savannah Super Cat
Kristin this sounds terrific in my little opinion:) I have no idea about anywhere else, but if it's available in Canada that's great! Of course the kicker will be the price....from New Zealand/Australia??? Oooweee. Where are you getting this, down East?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
The price is comparable to raw, especially for cats. It was around $20/bag, which is about 23 days worth of food for one cat.
I asked the people at the raw store and they said dehydrated raw is cooked a bit so it loses some of its nutrients, but a lot of the raw food they sell has puréed fruits and veggies in them, which is useless to the cats. She said it only makes up about 10% of the food and it helps the digestion system but the raw that zeddie is has the bare minimum that isn't meats...about 1% for the digestive system.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
I have bought the K9 (dog) for my cat with diabetes and he liked them. They don't sell the one for cats near me but supposedly you can order it on line some places. I only gave them to him as a supplement to his other foods.

wetcats

Savannah Super Cat
The price is comparable to raw, especially for cats. It was around $20/bag, which is about 23 days worth of food for one cat.
I asked the people at the raw store and they said dehydrated raw is cooked a bit so it loses some of its nutrients, but a lot of the raw food they sell has puréed fruits and veggies in them, which is useless to the cats. She said it only makes up about 10% of the food and it helps the digestion system but the raw that zeddie is has the bare minimum that isn't meats...about 1% for the digestive system.

Ok Kristin, I'm checking this out, we do have a location 100 miles from here-close enough!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It somewhat bothers me that there is no detailed nutritional breakdown of the contents. I know that a cat will probably get most of what it needs in vitamins, minerals, and (hopefully) taurine from this recipe but I just can't presume so without actually seeing it in writing. Also, REALLY expensive - 0.28lbs (which only makes 1.1lbs reconstituted) for $10.99? That's way out of my price range :(

Kristin

Animal Communicator
It somewhat bothers me that there is no detailed nutritional breakdown of the contents. I know that a cat will probably get most of what it needs in vitamins, minerals, and (hopefully) taurine from this recipe but I just can't presume so without actually seeing it in writing. Also, REALLY expensive - 0.28lbs (which only makes 1.1lbs reconstituted) for $10.99? That's way out of my price range :(

That is also what I was concerned about, but when I asked people they said it was in there already. I guess the New Zealand animals are higher grade