Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Feliway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
CC installed the Feliway plug-in in the outlet under the aquarium. Triton noticed it right away, and took a good whiff...nothing gets by a Savannah, does it? :big grin: Normally, he's racing around the family room like the devil is chasing him. During playtime last night, he didn't race at all. Guess the stuff must be working. The true test will be when we get him and Cleo together again today. I'm praying it will take the edge off. I don't know how much slower this intro can go...we only have them together for up to half an hour a day as it is.

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
CC installed the Feliway plug-in in the outlet under the aquarium. Triton noticed it right away, and took a good whiff...nothing gets by a Savannah, does it? :big grin: Normally, he's racing around the family room like the devil is chasing him. During playtime last night, he didn't race at all. Guess the stuff must be working. The true test will be when we get him and Cleo together again today. I'm praying it will take the edge off. I don't know how much slower this intro can go...we only have them together for up to half an hour a day as it is.

I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this! Trust me:up: it is going to get better. I can't stress enough how you just have to let them go at it! It took us a little over 2 weeks after 2 weeks of quarantine. We put the baby gates up in the bedroom door frame after a failed introduction. This went on for a week to the point of Rose begging for Malia,s attention. Then of course we did introductions through out the day each ending in 2 emotionally distraught humans. It only got better when we backed off and accepted their way of doing it (easier said then done). It took 1 day after that and they have been inseparable since:in love: . It could be a little different with boys though, I'm just not sure.

C

Coolcat

I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this! Trust me:up: it is going to get better. I can't stress enough how you just have to let them go at it! It took us a little over 2 weeks after 2 weeks of quarantine. We put the baby gates up in the bedroom door frame after a failed introduction. This went on for a week to the point of Rose begging for Malia,s attention. Then of course we did introductions through out the day each ending in 2 emotionally distraught humans. It only got better when we backed off and accepted their way of doing it (easier said then done). It took 1 day after that and they have been inseparable since:in love: . It could be a little different with boys though, I'm just not sure.
Im afraid he will tear her up(cant let nothing happen to my bengal) im getting ready for a meeting of the cats in a few....starting to wonder what i got myself in too.

C

Coolcat

I cant just let them go at it,a few small tuffs of fur got pulled of my bengal the last two cat meetings -which really pis#$% me off.I think its always gonna be like this.Starting to think about installing a door on family room then all cats can live seperate.

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
I cant just let them go at it,a few small tuffs of fur got pulled of my bengal the last two cat meetings -which really pis#$% me off.I think its always gonna be like this.Starting to think about installing a door on family room then all cats can live seperate.
YIKES!!!!!! That is scary! I am so sorry.....:(

admin

Paige
Staff member
CC...perhaps a consultation with marilyn is in order? Or give the collar a try? Or...install a door where they can see each other and smell each other, but not have contact with each other for a while until they can settle in...

Brandy DW

Missing Neka, Loving Sabriel, Nakaia, & Trance
Yeah i think maybe keep them separated for a while BUT, where they can still smell/see each other. They'll get used to each other eventually. But this type of situation is why I'm not getting another cat... Just saying... But I do think that eventually they could get along..

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yeah i think maybe keep them separated for a while BUT, where they can still smell/see each other. They'll get used to each other eventually. But this type of situation is why I'm not getting another cat... Just saying... But I do think that eventually they could get along..

Well, I have five and they all get along...most savannahs are very social cats and need company...I had just one and it did not work for him...he was very lonely...but sometimes you just need to take introductions slower...or do it differently...

C

Coolcat

I just feel bad bengal trusted me and then i bring in a cat that is mean to her.I think i should of stuck to my one rule....one wife one kid one cat(bengal).I skipped putting them together again tonight....Dont wanna deal with it.Did get collars put one on SV dont know if it did much as he was by himself.

C

Coolcat

Well, I have five and they all get along...most savannahs are very social cats and need company...I had just one and it did not work for him...he was very lonely...but sometimes you just need to take introductions slower...or do it differently...
Ive got 3 that dont get along,my aunt has 30 cats (yes 30) that get along.....didnt i read a old post where your cats would fight and youd have to treat absess's wounds,how did you stop that or do i have you mixed up with another member.

Status
Not open for further replies.