Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Height and Length

L

Louie'sDad

As an approximate percentage, what would you estimate the size of a 10 month F1 as a percentage of size when full grown? When I hear that SVs continue to grow until 3 YO, I don't know whether it's girth or length/height. Do different gen SVs reach full size at 3 YO, or at different ages?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I've seen one of my "kittens" grow at least 2 inches between I saw him at 18 months versus at 4 years of age. So definitely some height is still possible. Generally speaking though, I just don't measure all my cats... so it's more subjective in opinion but they DO seem to still add a little in height in many cases (not all)... but yes, the body develops more so they do add more girth...

L

Louie'sDad

Louie was skinny until about a month ago, but has since "filled out" (increased in girth). Does this mean that he's finished gaining length and height? He's now about 13 1/2" tall at shoulders, 14 1/2" tall at rear sacrum, and 18" chest to rump. I have never measured his girth. Haven't weighed him in months, but guesstimate that he's around 14-15#.

Cathouse1

Site Supporter
Loki (F2B) is only a month older. He is 16.5" at rear hip, 15" front shoulder, and approximately 19" base of neck to hip. He has leveled off on weight, 19.2 lbs, but still very lanky. Still has a hump in his back, so seems he will stretch some. Our breeder said his brothers followed the up for 2 out for 1 principle. I think it varies greatly, that's the fun part.