Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Final Size and Weight Projections

L

Louie'sDad

At 10 MO, Louie, a 59% F1 is 13 1/2 at front shoulders, 14 1/2 at rump, 18 long from breastbone to buttocks and about 14 pounds. Any projections as to his final dimensions and weight? Is there any snake oil tonic that I can give to make him turn into the Incredible Hulk? Is there an anabolic steroid for cats?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I have looked in my crystal ball, consulted with my Tarot cards, used the divining rod, and read tea leaves and predict that he will be 15" at the shoulder, 18-20" breastbone to buttocks (the crystal ball & Tarot cards were not in agreement on length and the tea leaves remained noncommittal), and around 22 lbs at maturity in 3 yrs. Fortune-teller-victoria-frances-15942360-500-397.jpg

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
The only thing I have found that maximizes their growth potential is feeding a raw diet versus commercial cat food. That's my personal experience raising litters of kittens over the years.

Unfortunately there's just no guarantees on size... he should continue to grow some for the next couple years though!

L

Louie'sDad

Really? My crystal ball said Louie can come live with me because he is going to be a runt for sure. Louie's Dad, need the shipping address? ;)

Thanks for your frankness. That's what I have been fearing for the last 4 months. I'm afraid you're right.

"The smallest SV F1 males", according to his breeder's website supposedly come in at about 16 front shoulder, 17 pounds and 22 chest to rump. I don't think that Louie is going to make that, unfortunately.

I'm still gonna keep calling him "Big Lou", though.:)

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Dear Louie,

Our intelligence reports have revealed that you are still undergoing harsh treatment at the hands of your captor. The reports included details of the psychological torture including demeaning comments on your size combined with mocking behaviour. His claims that you are small while referring to you as big in a snide tone are signs that he has issues, not that you are lacking in any way.

Always remember Louie, it is not the size of the cat, it is the size of the catitude.
Your ardent supporters,

Yuki and Yeti

:p

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Yuki and Yeti are small and I have more scratches on me now than I had my entire previous life. I'd hate to image the damage if it were done out of dislike or anger! :eek:

When I see my doctor tonight for a checkup he's going to be convinced I got mauled at the zoo. :big grin:

Give Louie a chin rub for me. Your avatar picture of him is awesome.