Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding a cattery

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
I've gone through all the links on here and struck out on finding a savannah under 1800.

I live up in northwestern wi. Anybody know of any others off the grid? (Not listed)

admin

Paige
Staff member
What generation are you looking for? Are you sure you went through all the breeders listed on the breeder directory?

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
Yes I went through the forum and clicked through it all. Generation doesn't matter much as long as the ears are noticeable. I'm not a big fan of the house cat look.

I've found I like the distinct silver spots(with black I think?) and marble and the goldens. Not a lot of kittens are available especially in my price range.

admin

Paige
Staff member
The problem you will run into now is many breeders do not ship because of the USDA/APHIS ruling...I did not hear from you, that I recall, but my prices are higher than $1800 usually, depending on type, etc.

Are you willing to wait for a while? I know many of us have litters coming up in the next couple of months, we have just not announced it.

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
I'm willing to drive. It's better to see the kittens in person right?

I can wait...I'm just anxious to have my own fur baby.

Trish Allearz

Well, even a kitty with smaller ears will not look like a house cat if it's a nice Savannah. ;)

But yes, I like big ears as well! LOL! Good luck on finding your baby. There are plenty of great breeders with F5s-F6s that should be in your price range. Local would probably be the biggest issue.

cbain

Site Supporter
Savannah cats don't have a house cat look and Savannah kittens are pricey , have you considered getting a adult Savannah from a breeder that way you can get a healthy Savannah in your price range. We have 2 F3'S and at 23 and 19 months they are just oversize kittens. this is how our 19 month old male spent this sunday morning DSCN0423.JPG DSCN0423.JPG DSCN0425.JPG DSCN0426.JPG Savannah cats never grow up ,they just get bigger

Attachments

• DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 25