Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Finding if a breeder is tica registered and uncertainty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigmatic.eyez

Savannah Super Cat
How do I do this? I'm unnerved about sending a deposit and having a chunk of money out there and waiting three more weeks for a kitten to ship.

Help

admin

Paige
Staff member
How do I do this? I'm unnerved about sending a deposit and having a chunk of money out there and waiting three more weeks for a kitten to ship.

Help
make sure you read your contract VERY carefully...if you have any doubts, you need to back up and SLOW down...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Thanks Paige. I knew something was off. Been inhaling too many paint fumes today working on the rest of the pieces for the boyz playground.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I hate to say it, but being a TICA registered cattery does not IMHO guarantee anything except that you might get papers on your kitten. If you are unsure of the breeder ask for references, and ask here (or PM people privately) for feedback. Talk to the breeder(s) on the phone, read over their contract thoroughly, and ask LOTS of questions.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I hate to say it, but being a TICA registered cattery does not IMHO guarantee anything except that you might get papers on your kitten. If you are unsure of the breeder ask for references, and ask here (or PM people privately) for feedback. Talk to the breeder(s) on the phone, read over their contract thoroughly, and ask LOTS of questions.
Agreed Patti!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I was so close to writing the same thing, Patti! It's a simple process to send in a cattery registration to TICA... it doesn't say that much about you as a breeder beyond recognizing that registering kittens is important to kitten sales...and yet one can theoretically be a TICA-registered cattery and never register a kitten! LOL!

I second Patti's suggestion of LOTS of questions....if a breeder won't take the time to answer them before the sale, good luck getting a response after they have your money...

Status
Not open for further replies.