Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

flea control?

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
So i have started to take Atlas out doors now, should i be doing anything to prevent fleas? is this a concern at all i should be worried about?

sorry this is a basic question, but i am curious what other savannah owners are doing (or not doing?)

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
I let mine out on the small grassy back yard. Because I water it, they do pick up fleas sometimes, so I treat them with Advantage. It seems to work okay. I also flea comb them in between treatments.

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
okay so this is something i need to start treatment on. he has only been on 2 walks so far and a couple of backyard roam arounds (pre rabies)

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
so my local pet store had zodiac flea control. its liquid drops that go on his neck, 4 months worth of dosage. have any of you heard of this brand? any good?

i will take a look at another store near me to see what they can offer.

Mr. Twister

Savannah Super Cat
I use Advantage as well. Since there are 5 cats living here (Yes, I understand that is very close to the crazy cat lady zone), any outbreak can get out of hand swiftly. So, the 1st day of every month we treat.

The cats cannot go out here but there is a large catio, with some cat trees, a waterfall a little dirt with some grass and a lot of screening.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
so my local pet store had zodiac flea control. its liquid drops that go on his neck, 4 months worth of dosage. have any of you heard of this brand? any good?

i will take a look at another store near me to see what they can offer.

Is that the same brand as the flea collars? I would be careful with a store bought treatment...I know with the flea collars quite often they don't work and they damage the animal's skin and fur.