Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Food

Hello!
I have been feeding my savannah a raw meat diet but would like to feed him canned food as well. I have given him Evo canned food but he doesn't seem to like it very much. Has anyone ever tried Blue Wilderness/Buffalo with their Savannah? My Bengals used to love it!!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I think I remember a few people here saying they feed it. The canned is actually decent quality -- good amount of protein & fat, low carbs.

I think I remember a few people here saying they feed it. The canned is actually decent quality -- good amount of protein & fat, low carbs.
Thank you so much! I think I'm going to buy a few cans and see how it goes. I want to feed him a good quality canned food in between his raw meat meals. And as I mentioned earlier, my bengals really loved it. Thank you again!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
You're welcome. I forgot to ask about the raw meat diet you said you're feeding. Do you also feed organs and bones? If not, the diet is unbalanced and the canned will certainly help with that. If the raw meat portion of the diet is unbalanced, then the canned should be fed as the major part of the diet with the meat as a treat.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think you should be prepared to try a few brands... often we have to compromise between what we think is the best food and what the cat will eat. They can definitely be brats that way!

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
When I do but canned I go for Merrick brand. Has very high ratings, economically priced and has so many different flavours. I feed raw but sometimes buy a bag of kibble or canned as an addition. I like to mix up the protein sources to prevent food sensitivities and find Merrick has largest selection.