Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Foods

EJKumba24

Savannah Super Cat
What human foods are okay for them to have ? I am just so worried. I make sure everything is put away but this breed is just so smart ! And within the blink of an eye hes already gobbled something down.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Why are you wanting to give your F1 and Serval vegetables? Cats don't require fruits and vegetables to balance their nutrition, they are obligate carnivores unlike dogs & humans.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Do you know of any sites that tell what cats can eat...particularly vegetables?
Cat are obligate carnivores. In the wild, the only "vegetables" they get is what is present in the prey they catch. Most cats eat grass upon occasion, the exact reasons for this haven't been determined.

That said, one of my SVs loves kale, corn on the cob, bok choy, spinach, red bell peppers, arugula. I found this out after a grocery shopping trip where I ended up wrestling with the cat over possession of the veggies. I give him small amounts from time to time.

The most comprehensive source, imho, for what to feed and not to feed is http://www.catinfo.org/

bmoos1

Site Supporter
In an effort to get my kitty to gain weight, I purchased Kitten Food, but she won't eat it. She doesn't prefer wet food at all and eats dry kitten food. She drinks a lot of water, but I wish she would eat with my other cats. I have to watch Zennie's food because one of my adult cats gained 2 pounds in a week, sneaking her food.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
In an effort to get my kitty to gain weight, I purchased Kitten Food, but she won't eat it. She doesn't prefer wet food at all and eats dry kitten food. She drinks a lot of water, but I wish she would eat with my other cats. I have to watch Zennie's food because one of my adult cats gained 2 pounds in a week, sneaking her food.
Maybe try mixing a little of the wet food into the dry? Increase wet and decrease dry slowly over time if she eats it.