Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Four months F6 is very little

Elina

Savannah Kitten
Hi everybody,
I bought two days ago a little beautiful male F5 from "majesticsavannahs" and I am very worried about his weight it's just 2.5 pounds..., he looks 8 to 9 weeks old, but the owner of the cattery said he was born on April 12. I will take him to the vet on Monday. I will appreciate any advises!!!
Thank you!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Have your vet run PCRs for giardia, coccidiosis, and all other parasites. It seems small to me too. Most kittens put on 1 lb of weight a month but it's also possible that he will just be a small cat. I hope everything turns out well at the vet. Please come back and update us. Pictures are always welcome.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I agree, 2-1/2lbs is a bit on the light side for a four month old. There are significant differences between a nine eek old and a four month old, can you post some pics? What did the breeder say about his size?

Elina

Savannah Kitten
Hi everybody!
We went to veterinarian and they find hookworms and a lot of mites eggs in the ears. We bought this little kitten from Magestic Savannah from Taxes. The owner doesn't gave us any veterinarian record and I forced her to send a health guarantee over an email. I sent her a message with all our concerns... no respond!!! Even after after all problems we still want to buy F1 female from her... I try to negotiate price, but she don't even bother to answer. I am in complete shock! What should we do? If she has to reimbursed all veterinarian and medical cats? And how to deal with breeders like her?
Thank you for the advises!
P. S.
We are looking for F1 female with black nose asap!!!! Do you know anybody who is not just having busines, but also loving they cats and sale F1
Sorry for mistakes... English is my second language)

Cathouse1

Site Supporter
Elina, we have cats from Majestic, and we have always had the best experience. We were welcomed to tour the facility, see the servals, and were even welcomed inside their home. Some/most of the kittens are raised in their homes with kids and pets to help socialize them.

Have you spoke with Susan? This is a first class cattery, and we also know their vet personally. PM me if you aren't getting answers, something doesn't sound right.

As far as negotiating, seems most breeders avoid this practice unless they have an older kitten or are rehoming a breeder. Demand for these cats typically negates the ability to negotiate anyway. In my experience negotiations are for commodities, not animals. Just my humble opinion.
We were not allowed to get Loki until he was 13 weeks old.

Elina

Savannah Kitten
Elina, we have cats from Majestic, and we have always had the best experience. We were welcomed to tour the facility, see the servals, and were even welcomed inside their home. Some/most of the kittens are raised in their homes with kids and pets to help socialize them.

Have you spoke with Susan? This is a first class cattery, and we also know their vet personally. PM me if you aren't getting answers, something doesn't sound right.

As far as negotiating, seems most breeders avoid this practice unless they have an older kitten or are rehoming a breeder. Demand for these cats typically negates the ability to negotiate anyway. In my experience negotiations are for commodities, not animals. Just my humble opinion.
We were not allowed to get Loki until he was 13 weeks old.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
We went to veterinarian and they find hookworms and a lot of mites eggs in the ears.
Hopefully once these have been treated he will start catching up with his size! As far as Majestic paying for your veterinarian bills, if this wasn't addressed in your contract then it probably won't happen.