Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

FRESH Goats Milk for Bottle Feeding?

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Hoping someone has some knowledge or experience with FRESH from the TEAT goats milk??
Has anyone used FRESH goats milk as a milk replacer for bottle feeding newborn kittens? We have a number of does close to delivering and a few have milk already. Preemie kittens today and while I know goats milk is a good substitute I don't know if I should heat it to boil/pasturize it first or just warm it and feed?

Thanks in advance!

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Hoping someone has some knowledge or experience with FRESH from the TEAT goats milk??
Has anyone used FRESH goats milk as a milk replacer for bottle feeding newborn kittens? We have a number of does close to delivering and a few have milk already. Preemie kittens today and while I know goats milk is a good substitute I don't know if I should heat it to boil/pasturize it first or just warm it and feed?

Thanks in advance!
I know nothing about that but I can send love and prayers to the babies.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I wish I knew...I'd think if it were safe for the baby goats it should be fine... but we always want to be so careful when they are tiny preemies...

Crossing paws here that the wee ones make it!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have heard it being done but would want to be sooo careful with premies. Also, the simple kitten glop recipe I got from Marjorie was 1-1/3 cups goat milk (for others reading, if using condensed goat milk it's 2/3 cup milk with 2/3 cup water) with one egg yolk and two squirts of Rapid Rehab.

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
I've used it when I had goats, yes do pasteurize it first. I usually cleaned teet off first before milking and then pasteurized.