Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Down Under

Alex and Katie

Savannah Super Cat

Just wanted to share with everyone a segment I did for Animal Planet in May of 2011 which aired in December of 2011 (my pre savannah days lol). While I have a copy on DVD from animal planet it has just recently surfaced online and well....its pretty darn cute and definitely worth sharing. Little background on Indy, hes been apart of the family for exactly 5 years now and has lived all over the place but since shooting this video has taken up permanent residence at my Parents old house in upstate NY. Enjoy!

Trish Allearz

Cute Bennett, but I swear they are illegal in New York- kangaroos and wallabies. Could you point me to the verbage that says they are legal? It would help me when people inquire about my own Bennett- people all over the country are madly in love with him.

Alex and Katie

Savannah Super Cat
Sure thing Trish. I should note that I was raised in NYC and upstate new york but have moved to my girlfriend Katie's house in Northern NJ. That being said indy still resides in NY state. Below is a summary of NY state exotic animal law. Marsupials are legal in NY state as confirmed below, by my exotics vet in NY who is a world renowned "celebrity" vet as well as by the town board where Indy resides as municipalities can ban something even if it is legal in the state. Theyre wonderful animals, very low key and easy to care for and very social and "tame"

Summary of Law: It is unlawful for a person to possess a wild animal. A wild animal is defined as: all members of the felidae family (except domestic cats); all members of the canidae family (except domestic dogs); all bears; all non-human primates, venomous reptiles, and crocodiles. A person who possesses a wild animal on the effective date of the law, January 1, 2005, has 60 days to obtain a permit for the animal with the Department of Environmental Conservation.
Citation: N.Y. ENVTL. CONSERV. §11-0103, §11-0303, §11-0511, §11-0512, §11-0516, §11-0103, and §11-0917; N.Y. AGRIC. & MKTS. §370.

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Ahh!!! And where are the pics of 'lil mans'? :) As you can see, I'm obsessed with the snows- I have a 6 month old female.

Alex and Katie

Savannah Super Cat
He's so full of energy and nearly impossible to photograph but here are a few ive gotten of him sleeping/just waking up. hes such a big long tall boy. almost 6 pounds already, putting on a pound or so every 2 weeks. photo 1(1).JPG photo 2(2).JPG photo 3(1).JPG

Just when I thought there could not be a more wonderful and loving animal anywhere on the planet this little man walked into our lives (hope my others dont see this lol)

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
oh my gosh- could he be any cuter? . ..and that nose!!!! His spots seem a bit more pronounced than vivi's, wondering if you used a flash in that photo?

Alex and Katie

Savannah Super Cat
No flash no but there is a light on over his head. He spots are amazing in person. He gets along with everyone so well but has something special going on with our F1 Milo