Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gps for cats

MM3

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a GPS to put on my kitties collar. So many on the market and hundreds of mixed reviews. Looking for one that is very small in size that can reach possibly one mile radius. Anyone have any information on one they use?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, I've tried most available...especially the TAGG and Loc8tor... I have the TILE GPS thingy on order for when they finally get them out of production. ..and we shall see how that goes!

MM3

Site Supporter
Yes, I've tried most available...especially the TAGG and Loc8tor... I have the TILE GPS thingy on order for when they finally get them out of production. ..and we shall see how that goes!
The tile isthe one I am interested in. Think I'll take a change and order one as well. Thanks

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Let us know what you think once you've tried it out. GPS is a great idea for cats but not very practical up to this point in time.

MM3

Site Supporter
Let us know what you think once you've tried it out. GPS is a great idea for cats but not very practical up to this point in time.
Not Understanding your comment, I've always experienced .......if you do it you won't need it. If you don't .....you more than likely wished you had!! For $19.95 + tax + SH is worth avoiding a rise in blood pressure and piece of mind. Just speaking for myself.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Not sure what you don't understand but still want to hear how it works for your cat once you've given it a try. It's definitely different from other GPS devices made for animals but I would be concerned about putting it on a collar (cats have strangled themselves on collars) although a harness would probably work. Also, it only has a range of 150 ft, not very practical when looking for a cat that can wander literally for miles...