Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Green cravings???

MM3

Site Supporter
My kitty(7 months) while on her walks tastes every green weed. I must be especially alert since I don't know what's toxic for kitty or been sprayed with poison. Our yard is rock and bushes..... No grass. However, we have a organic garden and she does sorta nibble on what is growing at the time, right now it is sweet peas. She loves to play around the plants, chase what ever flying insect that happens by and her favorite rolling in the dirt. Since her demeanor changed when we would pass a weed, i decided to offer her different greens at home. Organic romaine lettuce she loved, but called the vet, the said no. Too many veins in the leaf. So I bought organic tender baby baby spinach, she Loves it! I don't offer the stem, she will eat 3 leaves ( size of a quarter) and wants more I'm not comfortable giving her too much at a time. So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this green craving??? And if it is ok to continue to give in to her obvious desire for greens. I did buy a pricey green treat, she will have nothing to do with it. Love to have some feed back. Any other greenies out there?

SV Dad

Site Supporter
I'm not well versed on cat nip. Can they eat as much as they want?
Pretty much. They knock off eating it when the get really stoned. They take a nap, then go back and hit it when they feel like it.
They do trample the daylights out of it. Roll on it, nuzzle it, chew it, slap it around, and barf it.
The downside... this stuff is a weed and will end up growing all over the place. This brings in the neighborhood cats if your yard is not fenced off. Really funny to see the neighborhood cats all buzzed out on top of the plants.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I planted a flat of grass last winter for Zeddie. She rolled in it and chewed it and loved it.....and then Tiger peed in it :cautious:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
As long as the plant is nontoxic I don't think she can eat too much of it. You can even purchase greens for kitties at the pet store! Much cheaper to grow yourself though...