Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hank the Cat that ran for US Senate for the state of VA... Has Passed

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I am not sure how many of you may have followed Hank The Cat who ran for Virginia State Senate... He was a Manecoon Cat.

Starring Hank the Cat, the world-famous feline from the Hank for Senate campaign that successfully raised over $16,000 for animal rescue, and received over 6,000 votes in the general election in 2012. Hank passed on in February from an aggressive lymphoma, and we wanted to share some behind the scenes clips with our baby boy playing with his favorite bouncy ball, getting pets, and being the beautiful soul that he still is.

And yes, he really ran for office...

For those not familiar with Hank, here is some of his campaign stuff.​

Hank For Senate - "The Greatest Land of All"

Hank For Senate - "Static"

Hank for Senate - "Vote the Humans Out"

Hank For Senate - "Believe"

Last edited:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I made an error in the title... He actually ran for the US Senate in Virginia... He got 6000 votes and that says a lot for a cat and not much for his competitors.

DocMac

Site Supporter
John...I'm interested in hearing about your experience with lymphoma.

Josie
River Ridge
West Virginia

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
John...I'm interested in hearing about your experience with lymphoma.

Josie
River Ridge
West Virginia

I wish I could... My only relationship to Hank was that the fact that I was a fan of him, and thought it was funny that someone was so upset with our government that they ran a cat for office and so many others supported him that he actually almost got elected.