Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hare Today Order

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
For those of you that order from hare today, what do you typically order, and in what quantities? I don't know if I should just get a whole rabbit, or get it already ground. Thanks everyone.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I buy 25 to 50 lbs each of rabbit, turkey, goose & venison pieces. I have 2 freezers just for the cats food and buy large quantities to cut down on shipping costs. My guys don't like ground meat. Would you have to grind the whole rabbit? I suggest you buy whichever is the better value. Looks like the ground is cheaper than the whole.

Alex and Katie

Savannah Super Cat
Hare today is GREAT! We always try and order in largeeee quantities so that we're not ordering every month and to save on shipping. We order 40 of the 5lb bags of raw whole ground chicken at a time as well as a whole lot of day old quail which are not only delicious but fun to play with for a good half an hour before eating. Hare today also has great marrow bones for you dog owners out there (im not a paid spokesperson I swear)

There is nothing more fun then thawing out 200 lbs of chicken in a massive storage bin and getting elbow deep in ground feet and organs to mix in their supplements and then bag and refreeze. If only I could bottle that lovely raw whole chicken scent for others to experience and cherish haha. Second only to the smell is the wonderful slick of fats that take a few days to fully scrub off our arms and face (dont itch your face while working with large quantities of raw meat!). We tried using large wooden spoons and gloves but its too cumbersome so we take turns mixing in supplements and then holding small baggies while the other person gets a nice size fist full of meat. Every few minutes we switch places as even "thawed" meat is still barely above freezing and enough to bring you to tears.

Did I mention that we KIND of like our savannahs?

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
How did you guys figure out that your cats liked rabbit and other types of meats? I really want to order a bunch of rabbit, but I'm worried I'll spend all this money for him to just not like it. Should I just take a leap of faith on the rabbit?

Right now Leo prefers chunks of chicken breast over anything ground right now.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Matt, I just bought the smallest amount of several kinds of meat. There were some they didn't like and I had to throw it out. Seems like a waste of food and money to toss it in the garbage but there's no other way to find out what they'll eat.

You might have to sprinkle something on it that he already likes to get him interested in trying a new meat.

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Just wanted to bump up this thread for those of you who order from Hare Today. I received their July Newsletter and wanted to share their current coupon...

Coupon for the month of July: $20.00 off orders $300.00 or more, good through July 31st. Code is SAVE20

"Please remember to enter code at check out and then click on apply. They must be entered at check out. If you forget to do this I do not go retroactive on coupons and the discount will not be applied later."

admin

Paige
Staff member
Just wanted to bump up this thread for those of you who order from Hare Today. I received their July Newsletter and wanted to share their current coupon...

Coupon for the month of July: $20.00 off orders $300.00 or more, good through July 31st. Code is SAVE20

"Please remember to enter code at check out and then click on apply. They must be entered at check out. If you forget to do this I do not go retroactive on coupons and the discount will not be applied later."

Thanks for sharing!

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
Coupon code for September is 5% off all orders $50.00 or more. Coupons can only be used 1 time per month per user account. You must enter the code at check out and click on apply for the deduction.
Code for Sept is FALL5%
This will be valid Sept 1-30th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk