Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Heartbroken and Incredibly Angry

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Well the cats arrived from A1 Savannahs. One was entirely the wrong cat and the other I'm not sure about.

I called them and complained. They confirmed that the kitten I selected was given to another customer last week and they couldn't get him back. Instead I received a cat with almost no Savannah and Serval features. The vet I took the cats to confirmed that the kitten is Siamese and had not been neutered like the kitten I selected was supposed to be, and which is not a permissible outcross to my knowledge, and they said the female looked more like an Abbysinian, another non-permissible outcross, than Savannah which would explain why her name at A1 was Abby.

I called again to A1 and Martin said they would reimburse me fully. I'll believe it when I see it. He did also to offer to pay to have them shipped back. That would be nice, but will they also pay me for my time lost at work, my gas for driving a almost 200 miles round trip and the frustration?

I am open to suggestions from the breeders on this forum about how I can get real Savannah cats and if they would be willing to take these two off my hands in addition to me buying real Savannahs from them?

I am going to go feed the new arrivals since they have not eaten all day and then it will be my turn to get dinner.

:cry::mad:

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this! :( How unethical to send you cats that weren't even the ones you chose! :eek: How could they even think of doing that? I sure hope you're fully reimbursed! I feel sorry for the cats you do have...if A1 stoops to these levels, it makes you wonder if they're even taking proper care of their animals. Good luck to you, and I hope everything works out!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Send them back to A1 as soon as you can. It's not appropriate to ask another breeder to take these cats. Talk to Martin about reimbursing you for lost time/inconvenience. That's probably a long shot, but you can ask. There are member breeders here from whom you can purchase a cat with more assurance that you will not get ripped off. I know others here have purchased from A1 without incident but I am naturally predisposed against purchasing from large breeding operations for many reasons -- one of which is what happened to you. This isn't the first time, nor possibly the last, that there has been an error of this sort from this breeder.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Send them back to A1 as soon as you can. It's not appropriate to ask another breeder to take these cats. Talk to Martin about reimbursing you for lost time/inconvenience. That's probably a long shot, but you can ask. There are member breeders here from whom you can purchase a cat with more assurance that you will not get ripped off. I know others here have purchased from A1 without incident but I am naturally predisposed against purchasing from large breeding operations for many reasons -- one of which is what happened to you. This isn't the first time, nor possibly the last, that there has been an error of this sort from this breeder.
How can they keep getting away with this? You'd think after the first time, they would keep extremely close tabs on their records to ensure the right kitten went to the right owner.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
That is insane. They sold your cat and just shipped whatever cat they had handy? I agree with the others. Ship them back. There are many other reputable breeders that you can work with. I cannot believe that. Incredible.

Wanted to add I am sorry you had to go though this. I am sure it is very disappointing.

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous...I'm sorry you experienced this. I know what you are going through with them. :(

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I am back now after feeding the cats and getting some take-out food.

I have heard back from Martin and he asked that I tell both sides of the story, not just mine.

First, I actually got to hear a Serval hiss from Abby and now I believe him when he says she is a Savannah. So Martin, you are right about that. Yes, he is reading the forum, which is good since he should stay on top of things.

Martin says he refunded all of my money and offered to let me keep or ship back the cats at his expense. Shipping back the cats, would cost me a day from work and another half tank of gas. So I brought that up and he would require a note from my employer and the gas receipt.

I'll wait until I can verify that the money is back in my account before arranging other options.

Regarding my kitten going to someone else, while on the phone with Martin he said the employee that made the mistake no longer works for A1.

If Martin keeps his promise and my money is refunded then I will happily come on here and post it as soon as I am able.

That still won't change my feelings of how this process turned out.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Additionally, Martin said he tried to get my cat back and the new owner would not give him back. I'm still not sure why not, but that is why Martin offered the full refund. I thought I should clarify that part of the conversation.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm sorry this happened to you, but glad that A1 is issuing a refund and willing to reimburse you...thanks for posting the facts...I'm sure this is so disappointing...sounds like you do have a great savannah kitten and would love to see photos...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I fully understand your anger, frustration, and disappointment. You've been so excited waiting for the arrival of your cats. Nothing A1 does will alleviate the emotional turmoil from their mistake. However, they are willing to reimburse you for the cost of the cats and shipping them back. There is no advantage to Martin breaking his word on the reimbursement and I hope you come back soon to report that you have received your money.

I am very sorry this happened to you and I hope it hasn't soured you from trying again with another breeder.