Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

hello... new owner here!

majkowskid

Savannah Child
hello everyone. I've been researching savannahs for about 4 years, and my girlfriend and I finally purchased an F2 female this weekend.... had a really bad first night with her. she was VERY scared, and when she finally played a little, she had a seizure. very scary experience. Immediately took to our vet and all blood work came back negative. he believes it was because of a mixture of her immunizations given that day, and extreme stress from a new environment.

here's a pic of her. her name is Macy, and she's right at 13 weeks old. Bought from joy peele in texas.. she had some BEAUTIFUL cats there! can't wait for her to grow up!

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    kitty.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 55

admin

Paige
Staff member
hello everyone. I've been researching savannahs for about 4 years, and my girlfriend and I finally purchased an F2 female this weekend.... had a really bad first night with her. she was VERY scared, and when she finally played a little, she had a seizure. very scary experience. Immediately took to our vet and all blood work came back negative. he believes it was because of a mixture of her immunizations given that day, and extreme stress from a new environment.

here's a pic of her. her name is Macy, and she's right at 13 weeks old. Bought from joy peele in texas.. she had some BEAUTIFUL cats there! can't wait for her to grow up!

Welcome! Love the name Macy - apropos for a lovely girl ;)

That must have been very scary...Were her vaccines given al at one? Hopefully, this will never happen again and Macy will be fine.

When you get a chance, can you please mark off your gender in your profile, so we don't have to look at a question mark for your avatar? Thanks

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the new F2.

I image you've had your hearts in your throats with the seizure. I hope Macy recovers well and quickly gets back to playing.

majkowskid

Savannah Child
well, she was given her second round of shots, and an ear treatment?? the same day we picked her up... literally within hours of us getting to Ms. Peele's home. we immediately called her and she was very sympathetic and assured us that if anything happened she would take care of us. Joy includes a three year health guarantee, but we're already so bonded to this sweet little girl.. i'd hate to see anything happen to her. we're watching her like a hawk now, but she's doing great.

admin

Paige
Staff member
well, she was given her second round of shots, and an ear treatment?? the same day we picked her up... literally within hours of us getting to Ms. Peele's home. we immediately called her and she was very sympathetic and assured us that if anything happened she would take care of us. Joy includes a three year health guarantee, but we're already so bonded to this sweet little girl.. i'd hate to see anything happen to her. we're watching her like a hawk now, but she's doing great.

Glad to hear she is doing well - fingers crossed! Just an fyi for the future..it is often better to space out the vaccines...I do not give my kittens their vaccines all at once and neither do I give my cats their vaccines all at once. It is too stressful on their bodies IMO.

majkowskid

Savannah Child
I agree. one time when I was younger my girlfriend (ex wife now lol) had a dog that had puppies. she bought vaccines for them and asked me to give them. I've done it in the past so I did it. last time i'll ever do that. one dog got REALLY sick for a couple days. scared the bejeesus out of me. i'll leave it to the vets from now on!

I have a question for the pros... judging by the pic, is she a good example of an f2? I think she said she's an F2SBT. not positive about that. i'm hoping she gets pretty tall... espescially for what we paid for her!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I agree. one time when I was younger my girlfriend (ex wife now lol) had a dog that had puppies. she bought vaccines for them and asked me to give them. I've done it in the past so I did it. last time i'll ever do that. one dog got REALLY sick for a couple days. scared the bejeesus out of me. i'll leave it to the vets from now on!

I have a question for the pros... judging by the pic, is she a good example of an f2? I think she said she's an F2SBT. not positive about that. i'm hoping she gets pretty tall... espescially for what we paid for her!

We would need more photos to to be able to critique...she can't be an SBT..SBT's start at the 4th generation because there has to be 3 generations of savannah to savannah breeding to produce an SBT...

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
What a beauty! Just brought our F2 boy "Leto" home yesterday! I cannot imagine how scary that had to be for everyone. Glad she is doing OK.