Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello! New owner. Meet Leopold

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
Hello! My fiancee and I are new Savannah kitten owners. We are very excited a place like this exists to help exchange ides and help us give our new companion the best care as possible. After a lot of research and discussion, we decided to purchase our Savannah from a local breeder in Sarasota, Florida. Meet Leopold, an F3 8 week old male Savannah kitten. The mother was an F2, and the father was an F5.

Attachments

• DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0306.jpg
    DSC_0306.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0313.jpg
    DSC_0313.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0331.jpg
    DSC_0331.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0332.jpg
    DSC_0332.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0333.jpg
    DSC_0333.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0334.jpg
    DSC_0334.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0342.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 53

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome and congrats on your baby! He looks great. Im in florida and out of curiosity what breeder was it? call of the wild Savannah's?

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome and congrats on your baby! He looks great. Im in florida and out of curiosity what breeder was it? call of the wild Savannah's?

Yes. We currently live in Tampa, but we visited him twice before we took Leo home.

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
I feel bad now that I've read all the detailed information about when it is best to take a Savannah kitten home. Fortunately, I am a recent graduate looking for a job and am home 24/7 to keep an eye on him. He's eating and drinking well, using the litter pan, and is extremely active for 30 minutes at a time and then crashes. Right now he's sitting at my feet passed out.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Well, it is not your fault...but I just do not understand why breeders are allowing such young kittens to leave...I'm sure you will learn quite a bit from this forum...

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
The breeder's name is John, he's a very nice person and has a lot of care for his animals which is what sold us. An entire room in his house was dedicated as a play room with cat trees and fun toys hanging from the ceiling. He is relatively new to Savannah cat breeding, although he had a career breeding other exotic animals specifically wolf and wolf hybrids (he showed us some really cool pictures). I understood the risk I was taking with a new breeder, but now I just really want to focus on the health and happiness of my pet.

Paige,

I'm trying to understand, and I have read this information before, (http://www.savannahcatbreed.com/a-b-c-sbt-), but I'm assuming you can't have an F3 B Savannah to Savannah because you can't have an F5 A?