Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help?!?Anyone familiar with bengals??

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
image.jpg image.jpg i posted in a bengal chat but nobody responded! Yall are my last hope!!

We have had kismet since she was 8 weeks old. She is now 14 weeks. She has been sneezing the last few weeks but it really only has been once or twice a day? Or after grooming our savannah so I figured it was just normal sneezing. Our savannah sneezes about once a day? But our bengal in the last 2 days has been sneezing as much as 5-6 times a day? Her personality has not changed nor has her temperament. She's the same old kitty except when I was petting her this morning I noticed her nose is raw! Is this normal? Allergies? Do i take her to the vet? She's drinking and eating and pooping normally. I checked my Savannah too but his nose is fine.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I do not know anything about bengals but that baby's nose looks awful. I would get her to the vet. Are the cats separated?

deeisme77

Savannah Super Cat
Get her into the clinic asap. This isn't a Bengal thing - it's a cat thing. Get to the vet and good luck :(

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Poor baby :(

I agree with the above. She needs to see a vet very soon. She might have an upper respiratory infection. You should have your vet run a respiratory PCR test to see exactly what is going on. And if you haven't already, I'd separate her from the rest of your cats.

Best of luck...keep us posted!

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
Okay I'll get her to the vet! I didn't have my savannah separated from her because they both freak out when seperated. My savannah will chirp and make horrible meows trying to get to my Bengal. They're next to each other 24/7 but he is totally fine? I'll get her to the vet ASAP

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
At this point, if your Bengal and your Savannah will be upset if they are separated, I would leave them be...rather than stress either of them more, which won't help the situation. If your Bengal does have a URI, be prepared for the Savannah to contract the same...

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
Poor baby :( okay! I was hoping it was just because of litter or food allergies. Since besides sneezing she she acts completely normal. I'll my vet first thing in morning and get an appointment for both of them just to be safe.

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
my husband also wanted me to bring up that her nose is completely dry to the touch? Our Savannah isn't.