Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Don Diego el Gato!

Advntrs1

Savannah Kitten
I am so happy to finally be registered with this site! I constantly referred to this forum while I was researching and learning. I will certainly continue to do so. I am a first time owner of a Savannah. His name is Don Diego "Diego" an F2 and he is currently 5 months old. He's very timid when it comes to humans touching him even though I can tell he has bonded with me. So it has been both challenging and rewarding in these short few months since adopting him. This site will continue to help me be a good Mom to my furbaby!
~Kat~ Diego's Mom :)

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190320_142105.jpg
    IMG_20190320_142105.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Hi Kat! Diego is a handsome guy, I love his colors. We also have an F2 who is touch-shy, but is fully integrated into the family in every other way (we also have a pair half-SV brothers). I can tell she likes me because she follows me around, talks to me, and steals/hides my stuff while I’m at work. :roflmao: We love her so much! What adorable bonding behaviors does Diego show you?

Here’s F2 Zazu and Ninja:
DE2817D7-0C08-4BC2-8DB4-F2587B797695.jpeg

Advntrs1

Savannah Kitten
Hi Kat! Diego is a handsome guy, I love his colors. We also have an F2 who is touch-shy, but is fully integrated into the family in every other way (we also have a pair half-SV brothers). I can tell she likes me because she follows me around, talks to me, and steals/hides my stuff while I’m at work. :roflmao: We love her so much! What adorable bonding behaviors does Diego show you?

Here’s F2 Zazu and Ninja:
View attachment 27353
Oh gosh I need to catch up here... I got wrapped up with family visiting, selling a house etc... I'll reply better tomorrow!

Advntrs1

Savannah Kitten

So I've completely been MIA for awhile from here LOL. Diego, follows me, If I go upstairs he needs to see what I am doing, Blow drying my hair, typically laying nearby watching me. I go downstairs and yup must follow. Bed time routine he is right on my heels! He likes to observe me cleaning his litter and the other day as I sat there crouched over I felt something on my back that made me tense up since it surprised me. It was his front paws!!! Poor thing I scared him as I reacted to this unknown something touching me softly. That is a huge breakthrough for us. He doesn't really steal any of my personal stuff, but he has done so with guests that have left their luggage open :roflmao:. He tends to like my husbands smells (Shoes, shirts LOL). Still no touching allowed unless his face is stuffed into the jar of temptations treats:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I can then stroke him softly while he is intently focused on pigging out! He's 9 mos old now!

IMG_20190819_172600.jpg

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
So I've completely been MIA for awhile from here LOL. Diego, follows me, If I go upstairs he needs to see what I am doing, Blow drying my hair, typically laying nearby watching me. I go downstairs and yup must follow. Bed time routine he is right on my heels! He likes to observe me cleaning his litter and the other day as I sat there crouched over I felt something on my back that made me tense up since it surprised me. It was his front paws!!! Poor thing I scared him as I reacted to this unknown something touching me softly. That is a huge breakthrough for us. He doesn't really steal any of my personal stuff, but he has done so with guests that have left their luggage open :roflmao:. He tends to like my husbands smells (Shoes, shirts LOL). Still no touching allowed unless his face is stuffed into the jar of temptations treats:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I can then stroke him softly while he is intently focused on pigging out! He's 9 mos old now!

View attachment 27431

It sounds like Diego is coming along really well! Glad to hear he’s settled in more, and still progressing. I’ve had similar experiences with Zazu - she started licking me recently, usually while I’m making her food, and I’m allowed to pet her tail, even when she sees the hand coming! I can get body pets when she’s occupied with wand toys, never food, unless I want to lose a finger, lol!
30C604A2-C75B-4A5B-954E-294C90D79014.jpeg