Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Homemade impromptu bird blind. 1 of 2

MM3

Site Supporter
:(:(Bird watching is kitty's passion. But birds didn't hand around long enough to suit kitty. So mum started her brain wheels going. Came up with putting peanut butter on out side bricks and the topping it with bird seeds. This requires birds to work a little for the reward, which pleases kitty........which trickles down to a happy MUM! HOWEVER as soon as birds spotted kitty they would fly off. Hummmmmmmmm. So this is where the quick impromptu bird blind comes in.
For some reason I am not able to add the video here so will post it seperate.
Having user error technical difficulties.........will post after I read other comments on posting a video.

Last edited:

admin

Paige
Staff member
:(:(Bird watching is kitty's passion. But birds didn't hand around long enough to suit kitty. So mum started her brain wheels going. Came up with putting peanut butter on out side bricks and the topping it with bird seeds. This requires birds to work a little for the reward, which pleases kitty........which trickles down to a happy MUM! HOWEVER as soon as birds spotted kitty they would fly off. Hummmmmmmmm. So this is where the quick impromptu bird blind comes in.
For some reason I am not able to add the video here so will post it seperate.
Having user error technical difficulties.........will post after I read other comments on posting a video.

Easiest way is to post video to YouTube and then share the link here!

MM3

Site Supporter
Attempting once again..........so it will be either a still shot or video. Which ever I'm able to post at the moment but will eventually will post video.
Ok posted a photo but it posted sideways so I deleted it. Ok kitty says time for her walk......to be continued
Easiest way is to post video to YouTube and then share the link here!
thank you. I've never posted to uTube. Is it easy?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think you have to create an account to post to YouTube, but it is pretty painless. Sometimes it takes awhile for the video to upload or to add music, but I have never had a problem with it.

MM3

Site Supporter
Ok thanks. Been checking y tube for a video showing how to do it. Everyone has a different way. Think I'll need to wait and have my grandson do it. Is that how most share their videos on our forum?

MM3

Site Supporter
image.jpg Here is a photo but have modified the bird blind since this was taken.
I attached the palm frowns across the entire yard stick.

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Very cool idea! I have been trying to figure out how to add a (cheap) privacy screen to the bottom of my living room window as the curtains do not quite come to the bottom of it and I am soon going to be tossing the couch that has up to now providing the blocking of that view - this is a great alternative, although I'm not sure my cats would leave those fronds alone for long...

MM3

Site Supporter
Very cool idea! I have been trying to figure out how to add a (cheap) privacy screen to the bottom of my living room window as the curtains do not quite come to the bottom of it and I am soon going to be tossing the couch that has up to now providing the blocking of that view - this is a great alternative, although I'm not sure my cats would leave those fronds alone for long...
At first kitty was pawing them and sorta playing with them. The birds appeared to eat the seed and kitty was closer to the birds than ever before. Kitty was extremely excited, after that first experience she hasn't played with them at all. It's worth a try ...........