Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Horribly disappointed....

A

Alice

I thought I would post this here, as people on the group would understand instead of telling me to spend $60 and adopt a shelter cat (like my massage therapist). Not that there is anything wrong with that, just that my family and I have always adopted/fostered and my current cat was a stray... It would just be nice to have a Savannah for a change you know?
Anyway, I bought a new car a few months ago, and with it came the new car pmt, insurance and gas... So I had my monthly "fun money" greatly reduced. I HAD to have a Savannah though, so I found a way to come up with an extra $2000-$3500. I became an egg donor! :) Good way to pay off a few misc bills as well...
I went thru all their testing, they put me on some pills, I have put up with the bloating, food cravings, mood swings etc. just keeping in mind it will all be worth it soon! I had an F3 Savannah kitten picked out, put down my deposit.... I had my donor calendar and we were set for the procedure at the end of the month. I had my appointment scheduled for early this morning for my last follow up before injections, and I got an email yesterday afternoon. Email said hey I'm sorry but we have to cancel your cycle for now.... Our embryology dept has made a new rule that only proven, previous donors can contribute to our egg bank, so now we have to wait and find you a match before you can go into our bank....
I was so upset.... I only had a few weeks left!! What the heck is that?? And to add insult to injury, I contacted my other donor databases (I am in several) to let them know to re-activate me, and the one in CA told me they had gotten a couple inquiries about me!!!! NOOOOO! They turned them away because I was working with the other place........ And the one in CA pays an extra $2000 plus all expenses paid trip and a daily food/entertainment stipend for a week! I was sooo mad!!!!! I could have been having a great experience elsewhere, had my money for the kitty I loved, and everything would have been lovely. Not gonna lie, I cried a little at my desk....
I guess I'm pouting a little, but talk about disappointing!!
Now I have to wait. Again. Hoping someone picks me soon, it could take a week or 2, or months... You just never know. Things sound promising with the place in CA but we will see, it's just not something you can predict.
I really felt like an ahole too, as I had to tell the breeder what happened. She is a wonderful lady, and I just feel like an ass for not coming thru. And I was kind of attached to the kitty even though I hadn't met her (thankfully) but I had my heart set on her.
I guess this will all teach me not to count on anything. Anything can happen at anytime.... Eventually I will get my Savannah. Hard to be patient though and see all the cute pictures! :( Arrggg...

admin

Paige
Staff member
I thought I would post this here, as people on the group would understand instead of telling me to spend $60 and adopt a shelter cat (like my massage therapist). Not that there is anything wrong with that, just that my family and I have always adopted/fostered and my current cat was a stray... It would just be nice to have a Savannah for a change you know?
Anyway, I bought a new car a few months ago, and with it came the new car pmt, insurance and gas... So I had my monthly "fun money" greatly reduced. I HAD to have a Savannah though, so I found a way to come up with an extra $2000-$3500. I became an egg donor! :) Good way to pay off a few misc bills as well...
I went thru all their testing, they put me on some pills, I have put up with the bloating, food cravings, mood swings etc. just keeping in mind it will all be worth it soon! I had an F3 Savannah kitten picked out, put down my deposit.... I had my donor calendar and we were set for the procedure at the end of the month. I had my appointment scheduled for early this morning for my last follow up before injections, and I got an email yesterday afternoon. Email said hey I'm sorry but we have to cancel your cycle for now.... Our embryology dept has made a new rule that only proven, previous donors can contribute to our egg bank, so now we have to wait and find you a match before you can go into our bank....
I was so upset.... I only had a few weeks left!! What the heck is that?? And to add insult to injury, I contacted my other donor databases (I am in several) to let them know to re-activate me, and the one in CA told me they had gotten a couple inquiries about me!!!! NOOOOO! They turned them away because I was working with the other place........ And the one in CA pays an extra $2000 plus all expenses paid trip and a daily food/entertainment stipend for a week! I was sooo mad!!!!! I could have been having a great experience elsewhere, had my money for the kitty I loved, and everything would have been lovely. Not gonna lie, I cried a little at my desk....
I guess I'm pouting a little, but talk about disappointing!!
Now I have to wait. Again. Hoping someone picks me soon, it could take a week or 2, or months... You just never know. Things sound promising with the place in CA but we will see, it's just not something you can predict.
I really felt like an ahole too, as I had to tell the breeder what happened. She is a wonderful lady, and I just feel like an ass for not coming thru. And I was kind of attached to the kitty even though I hadn't met her (thankfully) but I had my heart set on her.
I guess this will all teach me not to count on anything. Anything can happen at anytime.... Eventually I will get my Savannah. Hard to be patient though and see all the cute pictures! :( Arrggg...
That's a shame, Alice! Where are you located?

A

Alice

Hahaha thanks Deborah :) good way to pay off student loans too! I'm going to try for an escrow job as well, should be an extra 10-15k a year... Wish me luck!
Paige I am in Washington, about 40 min outside of Seattle. I found a couple local agencies and a couple long distance as well....

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hahaha thanks Deborah :) good way to pay off student loans too! I'm going to try for an escrow job as well, should be an extra 10-15k a year... Wish me luck!
Paige I am in Washington, about 40 min outside of Seattle. I found a couple local agencies and a couple long distance as well....
Ah...I'm glad for you...and I'm glad you are not in Seattle, since Savannahs are illegal there ;)

A

Alice

I hope they pick you out soon.
Do you need to do all their test again next time ?
Let's hope you are over that now.

If it ain't this kitty their is another kitty meant to be for you.
And when you get that savannah you can be glad everything went how it went. :)
It actually depends according to the agency, I am sure they will do blood and urine testing again, but they wouldn't need to repeat my genetics testing, which is helpful.... So hopefully I won't have to go thru as much. And if I find a match with the same agency, they would definitely only do a blood and urine test and I would be good to go.
The process doesn't really take that long.... Reviewing, interviewing and approval, plus testing takes the longest. Once you pass it's pretty quick.
You are right, and I am telling myself that. It just wasn't meant to be, for whatever reason.... When the time is right I will find my perfect kitty.... Just have to be patient till then.
Definitely not my strong suit! :)